Thread: Hi from Seattle - Ascend Sierra Tower NRT & Sierra 2-EX RAAL currently in audition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Hi from Seattle - Ascend Sierra Tower NRT & Sierra 2-EX RAAL currently in auditio

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Oh...wow...I was way off.

Is there a reason setup B couldn't be the only setup, thus upping the budget?
    Yes, the reason is that I enjoy stereo L / R soundstage experience enough that for the 2 sit positions, on adjacent walls (not across from each other -- at 90-degrees from each other).

A - couch (can seat 3)
    B - chair (can seat 1)

I would like to have appropriate audio setup in each location.

If I chose a single B, then my listening would truly be 1 side (left ear only) while I am seated at the couch.

If I chose a single A, then my listening would truly be 1 side (right ear only) while I am seated at the chair.

Plus, I feel that my auditioning constraint of $2k gives me a real sense of focus to determine where my audio preferences are.

I don't feel a need to stretch the budget further for a speaker set yet (on Monday 11 MAY) - however this may change with the listening experience.

Thanks,

-Andrew

Default Re: Hi from Seattle - Ascend Sierra Tower NRT & Sierra 2-EX RAAL currently in auditio

Quote Originally Posted by ajhudson View Post
    Yes, the reason is that I enjoy stereo L / R soundstage experience enough that for the 2 sit positions, on adjacent walls (not across from each other -- at 90-degrees from each other).

A - couch (can seat 3)
    B - chair (can seat 1)

I would like to have appropriate audio setup in each location.

If I chose a single B, then my listening would truly be 1 side (left ear only) while I am seated at the couch.

If I chose a single A, then my listening would truly be 1 side (right ear only) while I am seated at the chair.

Plus, I feel that my auditioning constraint of $2k gives me a real sense of focus to determine where my audio preferences are.

I don't feel a need to stretch the budget further for a speaker set yet (on Monday 11 MAY) - however this may change with the listening experience.

Thanks,

-Andrew
    That makes sense, and having two systems in the same room may be the best solution for you. In my experience, if the music is background noise, it sounds great coming from two speakers no matter which way I'm facing. It even sounds good in adjacent rooms. Having one 'serious' listening position works well for me. I have a bike trainer set up in my listening room but it has to face to the side. I will usually set the receiver to all channels stereo, to use all 5 of my speakers and to fill the room with sound.
    Nate