Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: AA Sierra-2EX Monitor Review

Default Re: AA Sierra-2EX Monitor Review

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post

Hope this all helps,

Ted
    Very helpful information, Ted,

Once I have the speakers delivered, it will take a bit of time to have everything arranged and settled, and I plan to try these speaker cables to see if the same magic will happen in my system.

I will have a resolving source setup, if this speaker cable can help reveal more, I will be extremely happy.

Regards,
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by elan120 View Post
    Very helpful information, Ted,

Once I have the speakers delivered, it will take a bit of time to have everything arranged and settled, and I plan to try these speaker cables to see if the same magic will happen in my system.

I will have a resolving source setup, if this speaker cable can help reveal more, I will be extremely happy.

Regards,
    Kevin
    Kevin,

What speaker cables will you be using to break-in the RAAL Towers?

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Kevin,

What speaker cables will you be using to break-in the RAAL Towers?

Ted
    Ted,

I will start with an old pair of MIT MH-750, once burn-in is completed, I will compare with another old pair of HGA Silver to see which one work better.

Regards,
    Kevin

Question Re: AA Sierra-2EX Monitor Review

Ted,

I will start with an old pair of MIT MH-750, once burn-in is completed, I will compare with another old pair of HGA Silver to see which one work better.

Regards,
    Kevin
    Kevin,

Are the RAAL Towers in the house...50-100 hours broken in yet?!?

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Kevin,

Are the RAAL Towers in the house...50-100 hours broken in yet?!?

Ted
    No, not yet, still waiting for the delivery.

My guess is early Oct.

Exclamation Re: AA Sierra-2EX Monitor Review

No, not yet, still waiting for the delivery.

My guess is early Oct.
    Cool Kevin...Christmas in October!

Ted

Cool Kevin...Christmas in October!

Ted
    Sure looks that way, Ted,

Meanwhile, it is giving me time to get items ready to test the setups, including some DIY parts, so it will be a very busy October for me.

Kevin

Thumbs up Re: AA Sierra-2EX Monitor Review

Sure looks that way, Ted,

Meanwhile, it is giving me time to get items ready to test the setups, including some DIY parts, so it will be a very busy October for me.

Kevin
    That's great, Kevin...Enjoy the Journey and keep us informed!

Well, the SP4's speaker cables sound sooo great, was curious about what their interconnects could do for me. Mike stated yesterday morning that they’ll Further Enhance the SP4 Soundstage Attributes in addition to the same degree of soundstage improvements I hear with the SP4's…very hard to imagine it getting any Better!?!

With their 60-day return policy, figured I have nothing to loose...Ordered their MA4's and Sub4 interconnects, along with their in-house cable break-in 10-day services. There is a 3 week delay in build time, thus should see these arriving at the end of October! Before Thanksgiving, I'll report back my findings of "Audio Fact or Sales Fiction"!!!

Ted

That's great, Kevin...Enjoy the Journey and keep us informed!

Well, the SP4's speaker cables sound sooo great, was curious about what their interconnects could do for me. Mike stated yesterday morning that they’ll Further Enhance the SP4 Soundstage Attributes in addition to the same degree of soundstage improvements I hear with the SP4's…very hard to imagine it getting any Better!?!

With their 60-day return policy, figured I have nothing to loose...Ordered their MA4's and Sub4 interconnects, along with their in-house cable break-in 10-day services. There is a 3 week delay in build time, thus should see these arriving at the end of October! Before Thanksgiving, I'll report back my findings of "Audio Fact or Sales Fiction"!!!

Ted
    I speculate the interconnects will also help, but not sure to what degree, so I will be looking for your review by late November to see how you like them.

As for my journey, well, it got started again last night. I received an email from Dina that they will be getting the finished cabinets in 3-4 weeks, so looks like I should get the speakers around mid to late October.

Kevin

I'm now thinking about upgrading my speaker cables.
    Would a bare wire connection to the speaker be preferable to spades or banana plugs since it would be 1 interface rather than 2? Convenience is not a factor since I never change out my speakers. I would still use banana plugs on my amp since the convenience there is is needed.