Thread: Rythmik L12 Sub HTM-200 Home Theater

Default Rythmik L12 Sub HTM-200 Home Theater

Good morning! I have a HTM-200 home theater setup in my small, 16’x12’x8’, sealed movie room. My old sub was always too boomy for the room and has now bit the dust. Queue a holiday sale from Ascend!

Would the L12 be a good fit for this setup or would I be better off going for a ported sub?

Thank you.

Default Re: Rythmik L12 Sub HTM-200 Home Theater

I have a L12 in a 17x3x8 room with a pair of CMT-340SE as mains. No boominess at all and the system works quite well with music and movies alike.

I keep the L12 set for maximum extension and the output is more than adequate for movies too.

Correctly positioning the sub is more important than the difference between sealed and ported. Plus, thanks to the direct servo, any Rythmik sub is well behaved.

Going ported would make sense if you want the extra output for movies. I picked the L12 in part due to space constraint, but primarily I wanted a "music first" system.

You can always get TWO L12 for higher output and smoother frequency response 😁

Default Re: Rythmik L12 Sub HTM-200 Home Theater

Quote Originally Posted by Brittex View Post
    Good morning! I have a HTM-200 home theater setup in my small, 16’x12’x8’, sealed movie room. My old sub was always too boomy for the room and has now bit the dust. Queue a holiday sale from Ascend!

Would the L12 be a good fit for this setup or would I be better off going for a ported sub?

Thank you.
    If you listen at or near reference volume you might want to step up to a ported subwoofer. There was a review of the LV12R over at Hometheaterschack:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...er-review.html

Jim has a room about the same size as your and wasn't able to get the LV12R to make hardly any bad noises except when he cranked up Tron. As long as you are listening at less than reference volume you should be fine with the LV12R. If you are listening quite a bit less than reference volume then the L12, might also be fine. I too would recommend dual subwoofers, however not for more output. The second subwoofer placed across the room will help in getting rid of big peaks and dips caused your room. You only get about 3 dB more ouput from the second subwoofer, so that won't help you out all that much in terms of more ouput.