Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: We really need a 200SE

Default What's the logic behind upgrading??

Looks like the cost of upgrading classic 170 to SE is $200 with shipping. Why would anyone upgrade these speakers when the new ones cost $368 with shipping? I'm sure the classics are worth more than $168 on audiogon.
    Unless someone has spent extra money on the original cabinets of course.

Quote Originally Posted by BradJudy
    Hehe - you could try and sneak out with them, but it probably wouldn't take me long to figure out where they went.

BTW: I just got off the phone with Dave and the $160 is before return shipping, so $180 to Ascend plus $20 to ship them out gives a grand total of $200 for the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1000
    Looks like the cost of upgrading classic 170 to SE is $200 with shipping. Why would anyone upgrade these speakers when the new ones cost $368 with shipping? I'm sure the classics are worth more than $168 on audiogon.
    Unless someone has spent extra money on the original cabinets of course.
    If it wasn't for my cabinets, I would probably have taken this route as I expect you're correct - it's probably a cheaper upgrade path.

Does anyone use these wall-mounted around a plasma or LCD? Being sealed, it seems like they would work well for that type of application (more so once the SE models arrive!).

Anyone using an all HTM-200 system?

Quote Originally Posted by chas View Post
    Does anyone use these wall-mounted around a plasma or LCD? Being sealed, it seems like they would work well for that type of application (more so once the SE models arrive!).

Anyone using an all HTM-200 system?
    Yes I am using an all HTM-200 5.1 system. All wall mounted, and the LCR are mounted around a wall-mounted plasma. It is awesome. My sub is the HSU MK 2.3.

It is a 100% HT setup and I cannot imagine it being any better.

Yes I am using an all HTM-200 5.1 system. All wall mounted, and the LCR are mounted around a wall-mounted plasma. It is awesome. My sub is the HSU MK 2.3.
    Sounds nice....Any pictures of your set-up?

Quote Originally Posted by d-v-c View Post
    We really need a 200SE which should be a trival enhancement. Advice?
    It has been a long time coming, took longer than even I expected... But HTM-200 SE is now here. Production is very limited at this point but we are shipping.

Same "SE" tweeter as CBM-170 SE and all new higher compliance "polygel" woofers with double the magnet strength. These new woofers took nearly a year to get just right, but they are fantastic. A full 20Hz drop in system Fo, resulting in deeper bass extension and MUCH better punch and dynamics. In fact, the impact and bass response is now very close to the "classic" CBM-170.

The important matter is the speaker is now closer in performance to our "SE" line and the Sierra.

I will post more on this soon, with some pictures. While the HTM-200 SE is costing us 22% more to manufacture, I am not raising the price at this time.

In my opinion, for a speaker of this size and versatility -- there is nothing in the market that can compete.
    Last edited by davef; 10-13-2007 at 11:40 AM.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    It has been a long time coming, took longer than even I expected... But HTM-200 SE is now here. Production is very limited at this point but we are shipping.
    Awesome Dave! Question!:

Does it weight more than the original; please go by even tenths of a pound? As i mentioned in another thread, I've actually been balancing an HTM-200 on top of my 40" Sony LCD for a few months now without harm to the TV or the speaker (with the back resting against a cabinet for stability). But I'm going to be nervous for every 0.1 pounds above the current model I add! Also, is it the same footprint as the original?
    Sierra-1 - Mains+Center
    Surrounds - HTM200SEs (x4 in back, and x2 Atmos)
    Sub - SVS PB-2000
    Receiver - Onkyo TX-RZ1100
    Oppo Darbee Edition Blue Ray
    Sony 4K blu ray player

Quote Originally Posted by azanon View Post
    Does it weight more than the original; please go by even tenths of a pound? As i mentioned in another thread, I've actually been balancing an HTM-200 on top of my 40" Sony LCD for a few months now without harm to the TV or the speaker (with the back resting against a cabinet for stability). But I'm going to be nervous for every 0.1 pounds above the current model I add! Also, is it the same footprint as the original?
    Yes, it is going to weigh more (the woofers and tweeter are heavier). The cabinet is exactly the same. I will try and get an exact weight by the end of the day.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hmmm...I smell a little sound system for my daughter around Christmas!
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Hmmm...I smell a little sound system for my daughter around Christmas!
    Hi Curtis,

You need to hear these little guys. Production is VERY slow right now as we are building all the crossovers by hand until the first container arrives (~Novemberish) I will try and have a demo pair built up for you to take home for a few days (or anyone else who is local to us).

Dr. Hsu would love these
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com