Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415 LastLast

Thread: my Sierra-1 et al story

Default Re: my Sierra-1 et al story

Hey Ron, this is xcjago from avsforums. How's it going? Are you still planning on getting 4 more ULS-15s? What are you going to do with the conquest? I think we need to have another listening session soon. I'm also curious to see how a single ULS-15 compares to my JL F112.

yep and unsure what will become of the Conquest. It's just sitting outside the main area. You're welcome anytime, just give me a head's up.

Mike...maybe you could bring over your F112 to compare.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Mia & Lana's dad View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't believe stacking two will present the correct ohm load.

The mopads on top of the MBM's were temporary but did okay with a single Sierra. After stacking four, it was not very stable. During demos, when they were atop the ULS-15's they would move around slightly but not very much. The height is what made me nervous, coupled with the woofer side weight bias - the array tends to lean in that direction without a solid platform.
    how about just having 1 Sierra sitting vertically on top of the ULS-15? Did that create any problems?

Nope that was okay.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Mike...maybe you could bring over your F112 to compare.
    Yep, that's what I was thinking. It would be nice to take some output measurements just to see what a single ULS is capable of.

my room is tough to get clean max output readings due to feedback... I was able to produce this graph though - Quads vs. Single at typical calibrated levels, no EQ - right rear corner - mic placed at center channel. This was back when I was trying to figure out the 12.5hz suckout.

what are the subs sitting on???
    link???

thanks
    matt

In the front, the bottom ULS-15's have spikes with Sound Anchor cone coasters. The top ULS-15's have felt pads at four corners with earthquake clear gel in the center to keep it snug in place. The rear MBM-12's are on auralex gramma's.

The latest pic of the front stage was shot prior to leveling the ULS-15 spike height, temporarily using gramma's while waiting for the cone coasters to arrive. I've since fixed the leaning subs as depicted.

is there any chance that earthquake gel would have any adverse or long term effects if you used them on the Sierra's piano finish??

also....can you link me to the gel you used....i can't seem to find it.

thanks
    matt