Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice on speaker system purchase

Default Re: Advice on speaker system purchase

Yes, you can buy just one Luna...unless you were joking.

Yes, you can make an appointment to demo/listen at Ascend's facilities/listening room. Remember to bring material to demo.

The speakers are built and tested to order, so you probably won't be able to demo and buy on the spot, but you can make an appointment to pick up your order when it is ready.
    -curtis

I don't see them on the website unless I am blind.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Yes, you can buy just one Luna...unless you were joking.

Yes, you can make an appointment to demo/listen at Ascend's facilities/listening room. Remember to bring material to demo.

The speakers are built and tested to order, so you probably won't be able to demo and buy on the spot, but you can make an appointment to pick up your order when it is ready.
    It was a half joke, I still like the look of a beefy center. I will inquire about picking up the order and also visiting the demo room while I'm there. Thanks for all your help (and sludgeorge too)!

One last question - I probably will get the piano black for S2 center. The lunas come in either black bamboo and black matte - which of these do you think goes better with piano black? I've seen pictures of the towers with these respective colors, but it's hard to tell. I guess black matte is probably closer?

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeitloud View Post
    I don't see them on the website unless I am blind.
    They are not on the site product page yet. A new site is coming which will be updated. You will have to read the thread I linked to for product info. To order the Lunas you will have to navigate to the order screen through the Purchase tab at the top of the website screen under the Ascend header.

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    They are not on the site product page yet. A new site is coming which will be updated. You will have to read the thread I linked to for product info. To order the Lunas you will have to navigate to the order screen through the Purchase tab at the top of the website screen under the Ascend header.
    Dave also provided a Luna specifications and measurements thread. Here's the link http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...d-measurements

Quote Originally Posted by yummypuppy View Post
    One last question - I probably will get the piano black for S2 center. The lunas come in either black bamboo and black matte - which of these do you think goes better with piano black? I've seen pictures of the towers with these respective colors, but it's hard to tell. I guess black matte is probably closer?
    Tough call. The black bamboo is a stain and shows the bamboo when close up, the matte black is a painted finish. I like them both, but matching with the piano black S2 will be a preference choice. Why not get black bamboo or matte black S2?
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Tough call. The black bamboo is a stain and shows the bamboo when close up, the matte black is a painted finish. I like them both, but matching with the piano black S2 will be a preference choice. Why not get black bamboo or matte black S2?
    Oh is that an option? On the website I only see piano black (and cherry, expressio, natural). Do the Lunas also come in a glossy black or piano black? On the website it only has black bamboo and matte black as far as black options are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by yummypuppy View Post
    Oh is that an option? On the website I only see piano black (and cherry, expressio, natural). Do the Lunas also come in a glossy black or piano black? On the website it only has black bamboo and matte black as far as black options are concerned.
    I thought so. Call Ascend and ask.
    I'm actually a natural guy.
    -curtis

Call Ascend and talk to Dina. She's totally amazing and will take care of you. They have people in to listen to speakers and I believe they can arrange local pick up for you as well, but just for the speakers. Rythmik subs are drop-shipped to customers from Rythmik's facility in Texas.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

Have you considered getting the Sierra-1's? They're great speakers in themselves, run a couple hundred per pair more than the 340's, more musical, smaller footprint, and can upgrade to the RAAL tweeter and midrange if you ever want to upgrade. The 1's are also more efficient than the 2's and esp the Luna's. For small speakers they take more power to drive. I have a pair or Sierra-1 NRT's and they sound awesome, I would never sell or upgrade them and that's saying something since I have the Sierra-2 and the Luna's. For the price, the 1's can't be beat.

Also for a small room, and unless you you need the parametric eq, I would go with an LVX/R12 or FVX15. I have both an F12 and FV15HP. The sealed sub is no slouch and the bass quick and tight but can't match the output of the ported, and I have my HV15HP in 1 port mode just to get to those lower registers. Also don't want to risk damaging a sealed sub with some of the sustained bass some movie tracks have like edge of tomorrow.
    Last edited by crazycuz2k; 04-27-2017 at 02:14 PM.