Page 35 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Put me down for loving the Luna name for the Sat as well.

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by Djoel View Post
    Put me down for loving the Luna name for the Sat as well.
    Are we going to get some final version pics soon?

I'm thinking to buy a pair of these when available to use in my kitchen, and also to pick up a 2nd-hand pair of HTM-200SE from an upgrader to use as surrounds.

How would these two models compare in performance to my Paradigm mini monitors that are currently acting as surrounds? And how would they perform compared to each other? My reason for wanting to go for this model over S1 or S2 is to be able to mount directly on the wall.

Is it anticipated the new model has a few available in the coming weeks and more readily available later this fall?

Thanks.
    Tai

Quote Originally Posted by taigovinda View Post
    I'm thinking to buy a pair of these when available to use in my kitchen, and also to pick up a 2nd-hand pair of HTM-200SE from an upgrader to use as surrounds.

How would these two models compare in performance to my Paradigm mini monitors that are currently acting as surrounds? And how would they perform compared to each other? My reason for wanting to go for this model over S1 or S2 is to be able to mount directly on the wall.

Is it anticipated the new model has a few available in the coming weeks and more readily available later this fall?

Thanks.
    Tai
    The HTM 200 SE is really surprisingly incredible. Sounds much more neutral and huge than many monitors that cost much more. I was floored by them, and I own the Sierra Towers. I really didn't think they'd match as well as they do. They just sound smaller (because they are, so they are great surrounds), and they don't have the same kind of clarity or punch, but they are perfect for what they are.

I have heard some paradigm gear and I can't help but think that the HTM 200 SE will blow the mini monitors out of the water. The Sierra Sat (Or Luna, hopefully) will serve as a fantastic main for them as they'll be much more dynamic and transparent, but still voiced for the same kind of neutrality as the HTM 200 SE. Since the Sat is the same size as the HTM, I can imagine that it'll sound even more closely matched than my towers do. I can't wait to get the Sats for surrounds and see how they improve upon the HTM's that I'm using now, but I'm certainly still very happy with them.

I think the last update on availability was late September most likely, but that can still be pushed depending on how the last round of testing goes. Dave is on Vacation for a while so we should see some updates at the end of this month or in the first half of next month.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Wow - I really like Sierra Luna...
    As the namer of the Sierra, I approve of the Sierra Luna name. Well done.

Any pricing ballpark somewhere in the last 35 pages?

Edit- found it. $1100 target.
    Last edited by Quinn; 07-24-2016 at 01:24 PM.

No updates for awhile. Anything going on?

Curious as well. Cannot wait to put these Lunas as my rears and side channels. Can it be September already?

Apologies again for the lack of updates. We are somewhat at a standstill... Our first prototype woofers were great - but SEAS changed one of the component vendors and we are having a few issues precisely matching the response of the first set of woofers. SEAS has been closed for their annual summer break and they are just reopening now. I am confident we will now resolve this minor issue quickly, but it does mean another set of samples needs to be produced, thus further delaying things. There is no way I will rush this product to market (I have never and will never release a product before I think it is ready).

Thanks so much for your continued patience!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Apologies again for the lack of updates. We are somewhat at a standstill... Our first prototype woofers were great - but SEAS changed one of the component vendors and we are having a few issues precisely matching the response of the first set of woofers. SEAS has been closed for their annual summer break and they are just reopening now. I am confident we will now resolve this minor issue quickly, but it does mean another set of samples needs to be produced, thus further delaying things. There is no way I will rush this product to market (I have never and will never release a product before I think it is ready).

Thanks so much for your continued patience!
    Hello Dave, not asking you to rush (), just wondering if you have an update for us, expecting future owners of this little baby! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MusicHead View Post
    Hello Dave, not asking you to rush (), just wondering if you have an update for us, expecting future owners of this little baby! Thanks.
    Yea, no pressure! I would really like to place a preorder them. I've been waiting to watch some movies until I've "finished" and have them as surrounds.