Page 7 of 112 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
    Dave,

I'm a little confused. I thought I remembered you mentioning in a previous thread, maybe a year ago, not to use the port plugs in the Sierra 2s, since they were designed specifically for the Sierra 1. I thought I remembered you saying to just cross them over at 80Hz, if you want to place the Sierra 2s close to the wall. I could have remembered this completely wrong but I just wanted to check with you. Thanks.
    Here is the exact quote from the Sierra-2 thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I apologize for the delay on this question. I had to do some testing... Q-Plugs work fine with the Sierra-2, however -- since the bass response of the Sierra-2 is different -- in general, the use of Q-Plugs with Sierra-2 will be less likely. For those who have Q-Plugs, I suggest experimenting.
    Nate

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hi Daniel,

For the Sierra-1 / Sierra-2 -- we offer this solution which works extremely well: http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...on-enhancement!

For the forthcoming Sierra Sat, the problem you are having now will definitely not be an issue
    Thanks for the response, Dave.

Next question is:
    For my wall-mounted set-up, what would you recommend... Sierra 2 with Q plugs or wait for the Sierra Sats?

Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    Thanks for the response, Dave.

Next question is:
    For my wall-mounted set-up, what would you recommend... Sierra 2 with Q plugs or wait for the Sierra Sats?
    I'm not Dave but I would recommend waiting for the Sats if possible. I'm using the Sierra-2s as surrounds and they work well. The Q-plugs also help a great deal because I'm so close to the corners.20151217_071325.jpg
    Nate

Dave - has anyone told you just how awesome you are lately. Curtis just pointed me to this thread today, if you need a beta tester/early purchaser let me know. I will have to figure out what to do with my Sierra 1s - just can't bring myself to sell any of your speakers let alone my first pair.

By the way I was using a pair of 200s for my one pair of my tops - Atmos - just swapped them out and plan to use them at work with a Emo Mini X - can't wait to hear how they really sound and rock the office - plus see inability to sell comment

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    I'm not Dave but I would recommend waiting for the Sats if possible. I'm using the Sierra-2s as surrounds and they work well. The Q-plugs also help a great deal because I'm so close to the corners.20151217_071325.jpg
    That looks really close to the corner. Please describe the difference in the sound before and after using the Q-plugs. Thanks.

That looks really close to the corner. Please describe the difference in the sound before and after using the Q-plugs. Thanks.
    I ran Audyssey both with the plugs in and out. I went with the plugs in because Audyssey doesn't have to cut the 63 and 125 frequencies as much. Especially at 63hrtz. I figure the less Audyssey has to do, the better.
    Nate

For an all RAAL ribbon setup in a Atmos/DTS:X/Auro3D 7.1.4 speaker configuration, the Sierra Sat are an interesting option.

It will much depend on the Sierra Sat being ceiling mountable and if it can be painted to match the decor.

When will the Sierra Sat specs and frequency response graph be available?
    Maranatz SR7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG 55EC9300, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony Home Elite, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4)+10x10HD, Rythmik 2xF8+2xF12G

Hi Dave,

What will you recommend as a clear upgrade from my current SE set-up, wall-mounted all around? Debating between Sierra-2s + Q-plugs (as LCR) and waiting for the Sierra Sats (identical speakers all around for a 5.1). Thanks.

Daniel

Hi Dave,

What will you recommend as a clear upgrade from my current SE set-up, wall-mounted all around? Debating between Sierra-2s + Q-plugs (as LCR) and waiting for the Sierra Sats (identical speakers all around for a 5.1). Thanks.

Daniel
    Hi Daniel,

I would definitely go with Sierra-2's -- but you should consider the forthcoming Sierra Sat for use as the rears (just to save a few $$$)
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
    Dave,

I'm a little confused. I thought I remembered you mentioning in a previous thread, maybe a year ago, not to use the port plugs in the Sierra 2s, since they were designed specifically for the Sierra 1. I thought I remembered you saying to just cross them over at 80Hz, if you want to place the Sierra 2s close to the wall. I could have remembered this completely wrong but I just wanted to check with you. Thanks.
    The Q-Plugs work fine with Sierra-2's -- but because the bass alignment between Sierra-1 and Sierra-2 are different, in most close proximity placements, the plugs won't be needed with the 2's...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com