Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sierra Towers W/ RAAL vs Sierra 2 EX Upgrade

Default Re: Sierra Towers W/ RAAL vs Sierra 2 EX Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by diesel79 View Post
    I have had my EX’s for a couple weeks and they are a big step up from the 2’s in midrange clarity imo. That being said I have no experience with using a 2 or EX as a center. I have mine paired with a Horizon and it sounds phenomenal.
    I'm really considering the upgrade from the 2's to the 2 EX's due to comments like these. Was the upgrade easy to do yourself? I know you said they were a "big step up" in midrange clarity. Considering the S2's midrange is excellent, I've always wondered how much room for improvement can there be.

I actually ended up canceling my order for the upgrades and going with a whole new set of speakers with the USA made cabinets. My S2’s are currently boxed up and looking for a new home. Lol. Or to be used as surrounds or in a 2.0 setup sometime in the future.

Don’t get me wrong, the S2’s are great speakers, the EX just brings it up a few notches. I’m also hearing little nuances in music I’ve never heard before. It could just be me or my room, but I think these image a better too.

Dave’s description of what they bring to the table over the S2’s is dead on accurate.
    Last edited by diesel79; 11-09-2019 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimb View Post
    It would be nice to get confirmation on that comparison from Dave.
    Call him. If my memory is wrong, please correct me. I don't want false information out there because I've got a faulty memory!

Either way, it won't change the speaker itself. My Luna Duo center demotes my pre-EX S-2 center from "excellent" to "really good". The Luna Duo is a large step up for me.
    Last edited by Bruce Watson; 11-09-2019 at 09:04 AM.
    "If it sounds good, it is good." -- Duke Ellington

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Watson View Post
    Call him. If my memory is wrong, please correct me. I don't want false information out there because I've got a faulty memory!

Either way, it won't change the speaker itself. My Luna Duo center demotes my pre-EX S-2 center from "excellent" to "really good". The Luna Duo is a large step up for me.
    Thanks. In the not too distant future, I anticipate getting either a Luna Duo or Horizon center.

Thanks. In the not too distant future, I anticipate getting either a Luna Duo or Horizon center.
    You might as well go for the Horizon!

Quote Originally Posted by diesel79 View Post
    You might as well go for the Horizon!
    I am so inclined, but... it's just that little bit (too much?) taller.

I am so inclined, but... it's just that little bit (too much?) taller.
    Gotcha. Well if you can make it work they are awesome. I’d love to have them for my LCR, but can’t in this room.