Page 97 of 112 FirstFirst ... 9293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
    The 340s might have more raw output too, because they are likely more efficient and can draw more power without damaging the drivers. I think Dave might have been mentioning any characteristics that would be related to the quality of the sound. I could be wrong. In fact, I would love to be wrong, since I plan to buy some Sierra Luna LCRs.
    I am actually surprised at the output capabilities of the Luna LCR, biggest difference between this and the 340 is detail, separation and transparency.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by Mahawkma View Post
    Looks awesome Dave. How does it compare to the Sierra 2 center?
    Ran these tests today, it is a much better center than the Sierra-2, especially if using a subwoofer. I'll share a comical pic in a little while.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I got a chuckle at the A/B comparisons we did today. The Horizon is better, but I have to say the little dude put up one hell of a fight. It was a closer fight than I expected...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

What are the dimensions?

I'm curious, what makes this a much better center than the Sierra 2? Woofer area is comparable so is it the dual smaller woofers instead of a single larger one? Or that the two woofers 'sandwich' the tweeter? I guess the front porting is certainly more friendly to surrounding the speaker in a cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I got a chuckle at the A/B comparisons we did today. The Horizon is better, but I have to say the little dude put up one hell of a fight. It was a closer fight than I expected...
    That's Luna-c!

Love the look of that Luna LCR! Probably one of the highest performing compact speakers out there.
    Last edited by mikesiskav; 02-05-2019 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Ran these tests today, it is a much better center than the Sierra-2, especially if using a subwoofer. I'll share a comical pic in a little while.
    Given good subs (twin F8s!), would you go so far as to say it's a better L/R than the S2? At least vertical dispersion has to be worse.

Looks like I need to start saving money.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    HT Set-up: Anthem MRX-740, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower V2, Luna Duo V2 Center, Luna surrounds, Revel M55XC Heights, Rythmik F12
    Desktop/Gaming Set-up: Pioneer MRX-740 8K, Sierra LX LR, Ascend Luna V2 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 12 heights; Rythmik F12

Quote Originally Posted by jimb View Post
    Given good subs (twin F8s!), would you go so far as to say it's a better L/R than the S2? At least vertical dispersion has to be worse.
    Unless there are space constraints or the speakers need to be wall mounted, I'd still recommend going with Sierra-2 as L/R speakers. It's a tough call - with a sub, it is extremely difficult to discern any differences. A Sierra-2 pair will be less expensive.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com