Page 84 of 112 FirstFirst ... 7980818283848586878889 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

I did a lot of research on this... the upfiring/atmos enabled approach ranked a distant third. As you noted, in ceiling/overhead were best. Heights were found to provide about 95% give or take of the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    I did a lot of research on this... the upfiring/atmos enabled approach ranked a distant third. As you noted, in ceiling/overhead were best. Heights were found to provide about 95% give or take of the effect.
    Does that depend on ceiling height?

Quote Originally Posted by Roen View Post
    Does that depend on ceiling height?
    Don't recall exactly, but do not think so.

Lots of posts/opinions on several sights (this one, AVS, Audioholics, etc) about relative effectiveness of the different options. I chose height over on-ceiling as felt it was an acceptable compromise, it's a config across the three formats (Dolby Atmos, DTS, and Auro), and probably easier to work with if I rearrange my room.

That said, bounce could work fine in your room/setup.

Default Bi-amp Luna?

I am considering Lunas for a nearfield system. I happen to have a 4-channel power amplifier available. Is it possible to mod (or have custom built) the Luna for bi-amp operation, where the tweeter and woofer run on separate amps?

Default Re: Bi-amp Luna?

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I am considering Lunas for a nearfield system. I happen to have a 4-channel power amplifier available. Is it possible to mod (or have custom built) the Luna for bi-amp operation, where the tweeter and woofer run on separate amps?
    I am sorry but this is not a possibility with the Luna, nor would there be any advantage to this.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hi Dave,

Sorry to bother you again but is there any information that you can share with us on the development of the Luna Center?

And tidbit would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Chuck A

Quote Originally Posted by Chucka View Post
    Hi Dave,

Sorry to bother you again but is there any information that you can share with us on the development of the Luna Center?

And tidbit would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Chuck A
    Cabinet design is basically finished but we have to wait on cabinet samples due to our cabinet maker needing to focus on (2) large purchase orders for us that we must get before the Thanksgiving holiday. If we slow them down to focus on sample cabinets, we might very likely end up with some very unhappy customers who are patiently waiting for Horizons and/or Towers...

It is a very delicate balancing act using a local cabinet maker.... That said, we will certainly get this project completed
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Cabinet design is basically finished
    Thank you David,

This word from you is enough for me to continue with my original 5.2 plans as suggested by you. I agree with the need for priority being to bring in woodwork to fill current and expected orders over the prototype. I was more concerned that you were still moving ahead with the Luna Center project and I am willing to wait. Any chance that you can give us a rough idea as to the size of the prototype?

Thank you,

Chuck A

Quote Originally Posted by Chucka View Post
    Thank you David,

This word from you is enough for me to continue with my original 5.2 plans as suggested by you. I agree with the need for priority being to bring in woodwork to fill current and expected orders over the prototype. I was more concerned that you were still moving ahead with the Luna Center project and I am willing to wait. Any chance that you can give us a rough idea as to the size of the prototype?

Thank you,

Chuck A
    Thanks for understanding. I am thinking maybe I'll post a render of the cabinet itself? I need to give it some thought over the weekend. While we have been transparent about all new projects and post full details along the way (often 1-2 years before any product enters production) - lately it seems my designs are being copied by others - thus giving me some pause...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    - lately it seems my designs are being copied by others - thus giving me some pause...
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! You should seek out some patents to at least protect anything proprietary.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables