Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sierra-2 Speaker Stand Minimum Top Plate Area Recommendation?

Default Re: Sierra-2 Speaker Stand Minimum Top Plate Area Recommendation?

Quote Originally Posted by Roen View Post
    Would you be comfortable recommending a SF series with a 5" top plate? e.g. SF30, if one wants more height than 24".
    SF Series has a 6" wide X 6.5" deep top plate. I am a fan of the SF series and we use these stands in our demo room -- never had a single speaker fall off.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    SF Series has a 6" wide X 6.5" deep top plate. I am a fan of the SF series and we use these stands in our demo room -- never had a single speaker fall off.
    I'm probably going with this one, as it supports the same amount of weight, has 6" x 6" top plates which is only a 1/4" smaller left and right on 2 sides and is half the price in Canada.

http://www.sanus.com/en_CA/products/...r-stands/nf30/

No need to splurge on stands if all they do is hold the speaker up, amirite?
    Last edited by Roen; 06-15-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Frankly, I don't think I'd recommend that one. I got the NF24s for my girlfriend. They are very nice looking, but they're not nearly as sturdy as the SF series. And that's the 24 inch. The 30 inch is probably even more "wobbly."

If you are at all worried about stability, get the SF26, the SF30, or one of the VTI 29" stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Beave View Post
    Frankly, I don't think I'd recommend that one. I got the NF24s for my girlfriend. They are very nice looking, but they're not nearly as sturdy as the SF series. And that's the 24 inch. The 30 inch is probably even more "wobbly."

If you are at all worried about stability, get the SF26, the SF30, or one of the VTI 29" stands.
    I am worried a bit, but as the weight specs are identical, and coverage is close, I don't believe it would make a material difference, besides style and cost.

I don't have kids or pets to worry about.

Should I use the neoprene pads to isolate or the brass studs to couple?

Some self-proclaimed audiophiles will claim dramatic improvements in sound by doing it one way - or the other way. There are probably strong opinions on both sides.

Personally, I doubt the differences are audible at all, and if they are, they are probably tiny

So I'd say do whichever seems sturdier - or if there is any concern of the brass studs scratching the bottom of the speakers, then just go with the pads.

I use the pads on my the NF24s I got for my girlfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Beave View Post
    Some self-proclaimed audiophiles will claim dramatic improvements in sound by doing it one way - or the other way. There are probably strong opinions on both sides.

Personally, I doubt the differences are audible at all, and if they are, they are probably tiny

So I'd say do whichever seems sturdier - or if there is any concern of the brass studs scratching the bottom of the speakers, then just go with the pads.

I use the pads on my the NF24s I got for my girlfiend.
    Do I even want to couple? Or just use no pads to reduce coupling?

Quote Originally Posted by idrather View Post
    I like my VTI UF-29 with my S2. Using BluTac and filled it with car litter like Dave recommended.
    +1 for blu-tac. I used it, as well, between top plates & speakers.

At least use pads or something like blu-tac to protect the speakers from scratches.

My Sierra 2s are horizontal. Do any of you know of a decent stand for them in this position. Many stands seem to have a 22# max weight which seems iffy for the 20# Sierra.
    Thanks, Pegleg