Thread: Good wall mounts for 200SE

Default Good wall mounts for 200SE

Just installed a pair of 200SEs (as L/R) on my family room wall. I needed some mounts which would provide angle and tilt adjustments but I preferred a "minimalist" look.

Settled on the B-Tech BT332 mounts (http://www.btechavmounts.com/product...products/bt332). These are rated to support speakers weighing up to 11 pounds and utilize the existing mounting holes on the back of the speakers which makes the speakers look like they are "floating" on the wall. (The brackets are not visible at all when the speakers are viewed from the front.) I chose these as they mount the speakers closer to the wall (~3 inches max) than other rear-mounted brackets that provide angle and tilt adjustments.

So far they are holding quite nicely. Very stable (I mounted into studs) and still allow for adjustments in the angle/tilt relatively easily. Reasonably priced. Highly recommend.

Default Re: Good wall mounts for 200SE

Quote Originally Posted by bobtwom View Post
    Just installed a pair of 200SEs (as L/R) on my family room wall. I needed some mounts which would provide angle and tilt adjustments but I preferred a "minimalist" look.

Settled on the B-Tech BT332 mounts (http://www.btechavmounts.com/product...products/bt332). These are rated to support speakers weighing up to 11 pounds and utilize the existing mounting holes on the back of the speakers which makes the speakers look like they are "floating" on the wall. (The brackets are not visible at all when the speakers are viewed from the front.) I chose these as they mount the speakers closer to the wall (~3 inches max) than other rear-mounted brackets that provide angle and tilt adjustments.

So far they are holding quite nicely. Very stable (I mounted into studs) and still allow for adjustments in the angle/tilt relatively easily. Reasonably priced. Highly recommend.
    Bobtwom: Do you have picture of your install with BT332 and HTM-200SE? Can BT332 be used to mount HTM-200SE from the Ceiling. I am looking for a good low profile mount for wall mount pair of HTM-200SE and ceiling mount another pair of HTM-200SE but hate to do any drilling into the speaker and looking for mount which is very low profile.

nice find. they look to have a lot of tilt range and an adapter that can use both inserts on the htm200's. Be interested to know if the speakers start to "sag" down over time...

Quote Originally Posted by avsnoob10 View Post
    Can BT332 be used to mount HTM-200SE from the Ceiling. I am looking for a good low profile mount for wall mount pair of HTM-200SE and ceiling mount another pair of HTM-200SE but hate to do any drilling into the speaker and looking for mount which is very low profile.
    Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable using these as ceiling mounts. IMO, the challenge is the built-in mounting holes on the 200SEs are off-center (vertically), so there would be a strong pull on the opposite end of the speaker. I'd suggest a ceiling bracket which is rated to handle more weight or try to attach a bracket closer to the center of the speaker. (DaveF told me the baffle thickness of the 200SEs is 5/8" and drilling into that wood is not a problem.)

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Be interested to know if the speakers start to "sag" down over time...
    That is the key issue and, based on reviews of various different brackets I looked at, the most common complaint of the minimalist brackets. The "clamp" on the BT332 is made of hard plastic which doesn't bode well for its longevity. But my tilt is only a few degrees so most of the force is straight down through the bulk of the bracket. I think it will hold but will update this thread if the brackets slip at all over time.

IMG_6923.jpgIMG_6924.jpg

thanks, bobtwom

avsnoob -
    if you don't need to angle or tilt your wall mount speakers, you could use OOK picture hangars and picture hanging wire... this is what I did for my front & rear heights.

As to ceiling mount, there is a thread on this forum where the person used threaded rods. This could work for you if you have access from above (eg attic).

bobtwom: thanks for the pictures. After you mentioned that HTM-200SEs threaded holes are off-center vertically I saw the picture of them and realized this could actually work for me if I were to rotate the speakers 180 degrees so the threaded holes are closer to the ceiling, does that make sense?

yes, makes sense. No problem rotating them so the inserts are closer to the ceiling. That's what I did.