Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by GunmetalR56 View Post
    I did prefer both NrT and RAAL to the PSA and I would say, for me, the only advantage to the PSA was the price and ability to play insanely loud.

Regarding the higher frequencies, I felt the Sierra were more articulate and the details stood out more. The PSA actually hurt my ears (my wife said the same).

I have a friend who runs Klipsch Reference + Ref II and he did not mind the PSA high end and in fact he really liked them. He liked the Sierras more however.. both tweeter configs.
    I had a couple of folks come over to audition
    my Ascends. Both expressed thoroughly enjoying and surprised how well the Sierras imaged with pin point accuracy plus depth of soundstage but opted to go with the RF 7ii since both were
    Building HT....It wasn't a total loss as one of the guys wound up buying and walking away with my previous Funk sub.
    Last edited by billy p; 02-16-2017 at 08:24 AM.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    but opted to go with the RF 7ii since both were Building HT....
    I have no idea why people go this route. The dynamics of Klipsch speakers are not any better, they're just shouty and harsh. Why would you give up a wide soundstage with incredible imaging for harsh, shouty, sound with a narrow soundstage? Just because it gets physically louder with a crappy receiver? The mind, it boggles.

Glad they at least enjoyed it and you got to sell a sub, though.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers