Page 83 of 89 FirstFirst ... 7879808182838485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Default Re: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post
    Attachment 2011

340's LCR, 170's surrounds, Samsung 70T 85", JTR 18" 1k subwoofer.
    Nice looking setup. I could be wrong, but it looks like you might be able to turn the center so that it is vertically oriented. Might be worth a try, as you get better off axis performance (theoretically). I too have CMT 340's in the front, but don't have the room to turn vertically.

I would probably widen the fronts a bit and lower the tv to get it closer to eye level. Nice looking setup though!
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    I would probably widen the fronts a bit and lower the tv to get it closer to eye level. Nice looking setup though!
    I agree. But, if they are comfortable with that height on the TV, then that is fine too.

I just mounted my TV above a stand, so that I too could fit a CMT 340 underneath it and it is a little too high. My eye level is about 1/6 up the height of the screen rather than at 1/3 or a little higher and I find it uncomfortable. Though, I'm giving myself a month or so to see if I get used to it.

IMG_8246.jpg

It actually sounds better this way. The voice is coming from the front line not on the bottom now. Thanks never would I have thought of that.

IMG_8246.jpg

It actually sounds better this way. The voice is coming from the front line not on the bottom now. Thanks never would I have thought of that.
    Great! It could just be that you didn't have the speaker angled up, when it was laid down horizontally. With the horizontal configuration, you would want the tweeter to be aimed at your ear level in the main seat. You can figure out this angle if you have a laser pointer. Just put it on the top of the speaker and tilt it until the red dot is just above ear level. Then pick up a small door stop wedge or rubber feet from the hardware store to hold that angle. But, if you have the space, the vertical orientation of the speaker is best, especially if you are not sitting dead center in the room.

IMG_8246.jpg

Nice! Doesn't look bad either
    Nate

Does anyone wall mount their front speakers? I'm debating in doing it to give me some floor room but I'm going back and forth on how it would look. Anyone do this and care to share a picture? I have the S1s right now up front with with horizon center. I'm thinking of wall mounting all three of them

Quote Originally Posted by wtrimble View Post
    Does anyone wall mount their front speakers? I'm debating in doing it to give me some floor room but I'm going back and forth on how it would look. Anyone do this and care to share a picture? I have the S1s right now up front with with horizon center. I'm thinking of wall mounting all three of them
    We have thousands of customers who wall mount their left / right speakers. I believe there are some pics in this thread. Wall mounting the Horizon is tough due to its size, best option is to install a shelf and place the Horizon on it.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Last edited by GunmetalR56; 02-11-2021 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GunmetalR56 View Post
    Looks great!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com