Page 80 of 108 FirstFirst ... 7576777879808182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Default Re: Introducing the Sierra-LX!!!

Those brackets will work fine - I use same (maybe a different manufacturer) for my Sierra 2's and HTM200's. Just make sure to clamp the speaker such that the rear port is at least the same distance from the wall as the port diameter.. mine are about 1.5x.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

The wall mounts with the bottom clamps are what Dave has recommended for years for the S1s and S2s. If you have a sub and are crossing over at something higher than the port tune frequency, distance from the wall isn’t really much of an issue. I have a pair wall mounted this way and crossed over at 60Hz and there’s no problem.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Quote Originally Posted by deg0ey View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on how these would hold up wall mounted? My wife is pushing back on the idea of having to buy more stands/furniture to put them on because it's another thing to tie into the rest of the decor, so she asked if I would be willing to wall mount them instead.

I found this bracket which seems like it would work from a size/weight perspective, but will obviously mean the speakers are much closer to the wall than is generally advised. Is this the kind of thing that's a real no-no and would cause real sound quality issues or is it more like 'not ideal but you can get away with it if you have to'?
    I ordered a pair of KEF Q150s for surround speakers about a couple years ago and purchased the flush wall mounts made by KEF. When I held these speakers up on the wall to see what they would look like I knew it was a bad idea. It looks odd having such a large bookshelf speaker protruding from the wall. My wife had even stronger feelings about it, and I ended up sending them and 3 KEF Q350 back.

I ended up picking up some Ascend CMT 340s up front on speaker stands and HTM 200s to wall mount instead. My wife and I are much happier with how they look. I think the HTM 200s, or Lunas or Duos would look fine wall mounted.

I am happy to report that the air-shipment of LX woofers and tweeters actually arrived sooner than expected (that almost never happens these days!)

We have a huge backorder to fulfill, but Sierra LX pairs and centers are back in full production and shipping will resume tomorrow.

Thanks so much for everyone's patience!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I am happy to report that the air-shipment of LX woofers and tweeters actually arrived sooner than expected (that almost never happens these days!)

We have a huge backorder to fulfill, but Sierra LX pairs and centers are back in full production and shipping will resume tomorrow.

Thanks so much for everyone's patience!
    Have you been able to figure a price on LX upgrade kits?

Many LX pairs and centers being assembled and prepared for testing, cleaning and then shipping. This is just the first of may production runs, but we expect to fulfill all backorders by the middle of next week.

LX.jpg

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by chas View Post
    Have you been able to figure a price on LX upgrade kits?
    by this Monday for sure
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Are the Klippel NFS measurements still available to purchase when ordering the LX, or was that only offered for the initial batch? I didn't need them for myself but I was just curious. I didn't see any option to include the measurements when ordering on the new website.
    Ascend Acoustics LX w/ Mapleshade 2" Maple Platforms ・ Sierra RAAL Horizon w/ Mapleshade 4" Center Channel Maple Platform ・ Sierra LX x4
    Rythmik FV18 subwoofer x2
    Monoprice Monolith HTP-1 w/ Dirac Live ・ Hypex NC400
    JVC DLA-X790R ・ Stewart Cima w/ StudioTek 130 G4

Quote Originally Posted by database View Post
    Are the Klippel NFS measurements still available to purchase when ordering the LX, or was that only offered for the initial batch? I didn't need them for myself but I was just curious. I didn't see any option to include the measurements when ordering on the new website.
    My apologies, looks like this option didn't transfer over to the new site. It is now on the new site. Thanks so much for the head's up!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

LX Kit Pricing:

DIY LX Upgrade Kits will be listed for $450 each + shipping. One "kit" per speaker.

Each LX Upgrade Kit will consist of:

(1) LX Woofer
    (1) LX Tweeter
    (1) LX Crossover
    (1) Tweeter Gasket
    (1) LX Product Label
    (1) Instruction sheet

I do not think we will be able to offer kits to the general public just yet, but for those on Dina's LX upgrade list, you will be sent an email with a link to place the order. We must first get through our large backorder of LX pairs and centers, and then our priority will shift towards the kits.

If you want an LX Upgrade Kit and you aren't yet on Dina's list - please send us an email or even better, just give us a call.

Thanks!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com