Page 42 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Default Re: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by dorz11 View Post
    Posted elsewhere but figured I would add it to the photo gallery. They arrived just a few days before Christmas. Still blown away by their amazing sound!

Piano Black with RAAL- perfection!

Nice space you have there! My dad lives in the DFW area(Plano, Frisco). Always loved the architecture of the area. looks like lots of hard surfaces. Do you get a lot of bounced/reflected sound? Wish I could afford to put a pair of RAAL towers in my system
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Default Re: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Thanks Ed! There is certainly some bounce/reflection now that I have the new floors in. More challenges to work on...!

Default It ain't much, but here it is ....

my wall unit, with sierra-1 (Piano Black) on either side of a 47" TV.

den2.jpg

They don't sound exactly like a real piano- but they didn't cost $6000; they don't fill the room completely; and I didn't have to take a ton of lessons!
    Reno, NV: My dog is smarter than I am, but his paws are to big for typing.

Default Re: It ain't much, but here it is ....

Here are some pictures of my recently acquired Sierra Towers and Horizon STC.

Gear:
    Samsung 52" LCD (for scale)
    Denon 4311
    Sierra Towers w/ NrT
    Sierra Horizon STC w/ NrT
    Surrounds: Def Tech dipole 1.2x
    Sub: Epik Empire

IMG_3279.JPG

IMG_3277.JPG

IMG_3283.JPG
    Picture of my Epik Empire and def tech dipole 1.2x for surround duty. I'm probably going to replace the def techs with the 170SE's.
    IMG_32845.JPG

IMG_32846.JPG

IMG_32887.JPG

IMG_32898.JPG

IMG_32945.JPG

Fantastic setup, jahjd2000!

I love the look. Everything is nice and clean. The three-panel artwork above the couch, are those acoustic treatment panels?

Thanks for sharing!
    -Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ranger View Post
    Fantastic setup, jahjd2000!

I love the look. Everything is nice and clean. The three-panel artwork above the couch, are those acoustic treatment panels?

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the compliment, Jacob. Those pictures unfortunately aren't acoustic treatment panels; they are hand painted canvas pictures. I'm sure they help some (versus hitting the wall directly) but probably not nearly as good as acoustic panels. My living room isn't ideal for home audio with all the hard surfaces, vaulted ceiling, glass sliding door, and being open to the dining room, but it still sounds good to my ears.

By the way, in case anyone was wondering, Kung Fu Panda happened to be playing on HBO when I took the pictures. Who am I kidding, I also watched Pinocchio and Bambi.

Ah, no worries. I still like the artwork.

I hear Kung Fu Panda is supposed to be a great reference film for the audio/video quality. The kids love it, too. And we know we're all kids at heart!
    -Jacob

Thumbs up Re: It ain't much, but here it is ....

That's a really nice looking living room setup. I like the clean, modern look of the black towers and credenza. It looks like a really comfortable place to relax and enjoy movies and music. Wonderful!
    Joe

Very nice jahjd2000!!
    -curtis

Some really nice setups and photos in this thread. I may soon be a Sierra-1 owner.

Since I see a lot of variety in the cabinet finishes I was hoping you guys could help me out.

I'm indecisive about which finish to get. I originally had decided that if I got the Sierra-1's I would get them in piano black. The driving forces were that I do like black and the sale price. My only concern about that finish is the high reflectivity. I don't know if the reflection from the light in the left corner of my room as well as from my TV will prove to be a distraction when watching movies, etc. Do any of you with the piano black finish find them distracting while watching TV?

The other color I am considering is gloss espresso. I really like the contrast between the cabinet and the midwoofer and tweeter, but I'm not sure if they would integrate aesthetically as easy as piano black. As a standalone I do like the espressos better. Unfortunately the price for them new is beyond what I'm willing to spend. If I got the espressos I would have to go with B-stock. They don't look as reflective, which is a plus.

I know the Ascend B-stocks are very high quality, but a part of me wants new. I wonder how many of you went with B-stock mains. Currently the B-stock gloss espressos come in at ~$35 more than the new piano blacks.

I'd appreciate feedback from those with the piano black and gloss espresso finishes to help me make a decision.