Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Default Re: Information about new Sierra-1 and Towers?

Pretty sure he opened up a can with more than 50 worms.

Quote Originally Posted by ediblestarfish View Post
    Pretty sure he opened up a can with more than 50 worms.
    My apologies. My family had some bad news last Friday and it has been a rough couple of days for my family. Just starting to get caught up now...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Sorry to hear that... my condolences. I'm quite patient and don't mind you taking your time.

Sorry to hear that. Take your time. We will hold down the fort here. You have educated most of enough to answer most questions.

Hi Dave,
    i was wondering what kind of frequency response will the NRT sierra and the upgrade sierra exhibit and how far will it extend?

Thanks

There was a long and at least from 1 poster, pretentious thread earlier by, I think, TJHUB, where he was trying out the sierra-1s and something was missing for him as compared to the B&Ws he had been using for a while.

The way this Sierra upgrade is explained, that it has more upper detail, etc. is this what TJHUB was missing?

There was a lot of feedback from the forum members, very respectful and helpful, trying to help but not trying to force him to like the Sierra-1s. Many said that the Sierra-1s played music "like it is suppose to be heard" and I was wondering that all the posters that really like the way the current Sierra-1s sound will be turned off by the way the upgraded NrTs will sound

The Sierra-NrT does have a more extended top end (which I think TJ hub wanted), the change (to me) is more significant in the midrange...cleaner and more revealing.

That is what surprised me the most since I love the midrange of the Sierra-1.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    The Sierra-NrT does have a more extended top end (which I think TJ hub wanted), the change (to me) is more significant in the midrange...cleaner and more revealing.

That is what surprised me the most since I love the midrange of the Sierra-1.
    Curtis, so even though you were very happy with your Sierra-1s you think you might prefer the NrTs?

Quote Originally Posted by edmondwolfman View Post
    Curtis, so even though you were very happy with your Sierra-1s you think you might prefer the NrTs?
    Not might, I do prefer them...for me, it's a better speaker, but also more expensive.

I am still very happy with my Sierra-1s, but I was amazed at what the new tweeter/crossover brought to the table.

As I mentioned earlier, the prototype tower was excellent, and I hope Dave can bring that to market, but the NrT surprised me even more.
    -curtis

edmond,

TJHUB is a friend of mine who has heard my sierras at my place as well. I have discussed his concerns of the sierra-1's with him in person and you are correct, the top end is what lead him to ultimately go another route. I believe Dave has addressed this with the Nrt upgrade making the highs less veiled and more revealing.

I have to take Curtis' word on this since I have not heard them yet, but it sounds as if Dave has succeeded. I would like to hear the new sierra-1 Nrt but I am getting the Towers instead

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by edmondwolfman View Post
    There was a long and at least from 1 poster, pretentious thread earlier by, I think, TJHUB, where he was trying out the sierra-1s and something was missing for him as compared to the B&Ws he had been using for a while.

The way this Sierra upgrade is explained, that it has more upper detail, etc. is this what TJHUB was missing?

There was a lot of feedback from the forum members, very respectful and helpful, trying to help but not trying to force him to like the Sierra-1s. Many said that the Sierra-1s played music "like it is suppose to be heard" and I was wondering that all the posters that really like the way the current Sierra-1s sound will be turned off by the way the upgraded NrTs will sound