Page 1 of 21 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sierra .5?

Default Sierra .5?

Thank you all for your advice
    A pair of HTM-200 SE in piano black should be fine then. At least until very small Sierra 0.5 surrounds are released.
    But first things first, F12SE awaits!

Default Re: Denon avr2809ci a good match for Sierras?

Quote Originally Posted by sbeveraggi View Post
    Thank you all for your advice
    A pair of HTM-200 SE in piano black should be fine then. At least until very small Sierra 0.5 surrounds are released.
    But first things first, F12SE awaits!
    Yeah, I'd be interested in some mini Sierras for surrounds. Currently I use some M&k K5s and they do a pretty good job. But they're aren't in piano black and don't have any bass at all.

The Aperion Audio 4B looks kind of like a mini Sierra but I doubt it sounds much like the Sierra.

Mike S,

I am very curious what a Sierra-0.5 would look like. The Sierra-1 is already a small speaker with 5.25" woofer. Where do you go from there without reaching the HTM-200SE?

Unless you view the HTM-200SE (4") as a mini CMT-340SE (6.5"). In that case the Sierra 0.5 could have a 3.5" driver or even smaller!

The Sierra cabinet is 2/3rds the size of the CMT-340SE....and has a soundstage as big.

The woofer in the Sierra is quite amazing.
    -curtis

My understanding from what Dave F posted during their introduction is that the HTM-200SE already use a similar woofer material to the Sierra-1 and have 2x 4" woofers.

My question was in ernest. I can see that if you compare an $800 and $250 speaker pair there are many deltas including the VLAM Bamboo and other differences in components. I'm just trying to understand what people see as a Sierra-0.5 that the HTM-200SE isn't (hopefully prioritized)... I can see myself paying $400 for another pair of speakers to go to 7.1 when the economy recovers or I get funny money (like award money from patents, publications). I'm very happy with the Sierra-1 AND the HTM-200SE and very curious about the Sierra 0.5 that is embedded in the collective conscience...

Quote Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
    My understanding from what Dave F posted during their introduction is that the HTM-200SE already use a similar woofer material to the Sierra-1 and have 2x 4" woofers.

My question was in ernest. I can see that if you compare an $800 and $250 speaker pair there are many deltas including the VLAM Bamboo and other differences in components. I'm just trying to understand what people see as a Sierra-0.5 that the HTM-200SE isn't (hopefully prioritized)... I can see myself paying $400 for another pair of speakers to go to 7.1 when the economy recovers or I get funny money (like award money from patents, publications). I'm very happy with the Sierra-1 AND the HTM-200SE and very curious about the Sierra 0.5 that is embedded in the collective conscience...
    I'm not crazy about the looks of the HTM-200SE, especially with the grills off. Also, not the same tweeter.

Default Sierra .5?

The Aperion 4B is 8.75" H x 5.33" W x 5.5" D with a 4 inch woofer.
    Something similar but with Sierra quality components....

+1 on 4B that is the size i would like for a rear but not sure about sound match with Sierras. still on the fence. htm 200 wifes thinks they are two big Aperion 4B or ERA 4D. on the short list.

regarding that aperion: why are there two frequency repsonse measurements, one for typical in-room?
    (+/- 3dB) 120-20,000 Hz
    (+/- 6dB) 100-22,000 Hz

I'd keep in mind the slightly lower efficiency and power handling with that -6db, also the 100hz low end. what is the supposed db loss below 100hz for this speaker? do you plan on crossing over at below 100hz?
    granted they are smaller, but only really the height is a major difference here. i'm just trying to keep things in perspective, as i'm sure they are good little speakers-- it just seems the htm's would possibly out perform them in a side-by-side.