Page 136 of 150 FirstFirst ... 131132133134135136137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1493

Thread: Sierra-2 Development Thread

Default Re: Sierra-2 Development Thread

Thanks for the update. I guess I need to order these in Black. I did not see any matching stands at Ascend. Wow Stands are Expensive. Thanks for the other info.
    In my case I thought the Sub made more sense than the AMP.
    Will plan for it as soon as I hit that Jackpot :-).

Please do Post the Pictures of the SR2 on your new Stands
    Last edited by Audiolover458; 05-08-2014 at 02:13 PM.

I have a pair of Bello 30 inch speakers stands if you would be interested?

Bello Speaker Stands

Also if you need some help setting up a system such as I have (HTPC) I could lend you a hand.

That is so nice of you. I dont have the Sierra2 or Sierra1 for that matter. It is confusing because Sierra 1 with NrT run 1150ish and Sierra2 that has the RAAL runs 1450ish so at that point why would one not get the Sierra2. That would need the Wife's approval because I had her convinced we could return the ****/Yamaha setup that we bought from Costco for 750 and buy the Sierra1's without the NrT and use my Spare Yamaha RX-V2095 to drive them.

I will definitely seek your advice on the HTPC. I am very PC Savvy just missing the HT part.

Would these stands not work?

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages...stlcmt340.html

Quote Originally Posted by Audiolover458 View Post
    Thanks for the update. I guess I need to order these in Black. I did not see any matching stands at Ascend. Wow Stands are Expensive. Thanks for the other info.
    In my case I thought the Sub made more sense than the AMP.
    Will plan for it as soon as I hit that Jackpot :-).

Please do Post the Pictures of the SR2 on your new Stands

Quote Originally Posted by Audiolover458 View Post

I will definitely seek your advice on the HTPC. I am very PC Savvy just missing the HT part.
    I'm a huge Plex fan after using quite a few other HTPC frontends. If you haven't checked out Plex, I strongly recommend that you do. I'll have a video on how to setup Plex using an HTPC or Roku in a few days. Please let me know if you want me to send you a link.

Hi Marshall they would if they were in Natural :-). I would hope we can get to color match the stands even if the stands are mdf vs Bamboo.

yes, please send the link. always helpful to see different ways to do the HTPC.

I have heard good things about JRiver though and I have heard of PLEX but not as familiar.
    Not sure what Harro has but he has a sweet HTPV Setup. Lines up stuff in seconds and he is controlling it all with his Denon Remote.

Hello all,
    Is the Sierra 2 center (listed for half the price on the product page of a pair of 2's) a single unit as opposed to a pair, or is it a specific center designed to match the 2? Could one create a uniform soundstage with 3 2's across the LRC for movies and blu ray as opposed to 2's and the Horizon RAAL center? Thanks!

Definitely 3 2s would work great. I have to admit I am really liking my newly acquired Horizon with RAAL upgrade as my center with my 2s. Either way I have no doubt you'll be very pleased with either solution. I've just had my eye on the Horuzon since Dave introduced it - it is an incredible speaker that is hard to fully appreciate until you see it in person and I may end up with 3 across the front eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by UNCMT9 View Post
    Hello all,
    Is the Sierra 2 center (listed for half the price on the product page of a pair of 2's) a single unit as opposed to a pair, or is it a specific center designed to match the 2?
    It is a single unit with the tweeter rotated 90 degrees and comes with a full length grille so it can be laid horizontally. You can order as a single standard Sierra-2 as well.
    -curtis

So here is another question. Given the choice of one which one would you choose
    1) Two Towers with RAAL and no Horizon

Or

2) Two Sierra 2's with RAAL and a Horizon Center with RAAL.

Or

3) 3 Horizons with RAAL as L/C/R.