Quote Originally Posted by ksr_sundar View Post
Ed - I just tried adding a basic amp (Emotiva BasX A3 150 WPC) to my setup. My CMT 340 SE2's got greatly benefitted from the amplification.

My system sounds a lot better. I see better separation, finer detail and overall improved dynamics in my favorite music tracks. I do have a reference system (my HT room, with Anthem processor and TW amp and a couple of Hi-Perf subs) to compare with.

Now my favorite for music listening is my living room with Ascend mains and subs setup.

Thanks for your inputs, I just had to spend 500 bucks for that, but I think I'm kind of done for the next few years.
Excellent! Glad you heard an improvement. I did not want to overstate the benefits of a dedicated amp as it can generate lots of "discussions", like..... All amplification should sound the same, etc.

Yes, I can relate to the benefits you are describing. I am running 225 watt mono blocks with my Sierra-2EX V2's and never need to worry about running out of power. Overkill? Probably, but I know firsthand what good power can do.

For your next upgrade definitely look into a 2nd sub!