Old thread and kind of an "albums" vs bands answer in places but anyway...

El Ten Eleven is good for instrumental/background stuff. 2-person guitar+drums looper band. Phenomenal to watch if you can ever see them live.
Historically, Robert Randolph & The Family Band was amazing live and one of my absolute favorites, IMHO the old archive.org concerts are better than the albums because you get some exceptionally long jams and the CDs are all super short tracks
Headphones especially, I like the early Shins stuff. Broken Bells (same guy) + danger mouse sounds good though I'm into the songs less.
Fountains of Wayne, or at least the Welcome Interstate Managers album (good road trip album)
all Van Halen, particularly the later stuff (I prefer Sammy's era, but Dave is solid) and Fair Warning (Dave)
Iron Maiden, particularly Seventh Son of A Seventh Son
Alice Cooper's Trash is a weird GNR-era Glam Rock Masterpiece with great production even if you don't like Alice Cooper
Guns N Roses, especially Live Era 92-93 which is amazing
The Band, particularly the Last Waltz live album
Warren Zevon, particularly some of the earlier stuff.
If you like video game music, the Minibosses are some of my favorites, check out the Megaman 2 medley on Brass
Blitzen Trapper
Blueman Group, particularly The Complex Rock Tour album (also, nice bass!)
Neil Young
Deep Purple
Derek and the Dominoes
Santana
Parts & Labor is an interesting noise rock band
The Flaming Lips (heck of a party live)
Gov't Mule and the Allman Brothers (Hittin' the Note is a well produced "recent" album)
Sigur Ros, Jonsi's solo stuff (too lazy for inserting correct accent marks, sorry)
The Wallflowers when they still had Jaffe playing
Neil Young
Perrey & Kingsley (of the Baroque Hoedown / Electric Light Parade song fame)
Pink Floyd, especially Meddle /Wish You Were Here / etc