Thread: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Sorry this took so long,im sure its been forgotten, but just wanted to make a correction, back when I said the upgrade difference for a PS Audio P3 AC Regenerator was subtle was because I misanswered a question that was asked. The day to day burn in is subtle, the initial day 1 sound however is fairly dramatic, as significant as a component upgrade such as an additional high end DAC even if you already have one hooked up. Thats what it sounded like anyhow when I re-plugged the AC Regenerator back in after a week of down time due to a blown fuse. again, sorry about the delay
    Sierra 2 Front LR PA-1 DC-1
    Sierra Luna Surround LR Multichannel via UMC-1 Stereo amp via VSX-D912 AVR
    DC-1 Ext 2 Ch DAC LR XLR to Mono Amps LR RCA to UMC-1 Opt
    T2531 31 Band Stereo Graphic EQ XLR RCA
    PA-1 LR XLR Mono Block 140Watt @ 8 Ohms Class D Amps
    UMC-1 Line Stage Sub X-over @ 40Hz
    L12 12" Subwoofer RCA
    P3 Power Plant A/C Regenerator - Can dramatically improve sound quality realism after 350 hours or 2 weeks of cumulative burn in
    40" HDR 4K TV Opt
    Windows 11 Gaming HTPC HDMI
    D2R

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

I will try to keep this brief, but it will be a bit..

I am new to this forum becasue this brand came across my radar.

My room is 18'x14.5x8' and is enclosed except a 20 inch doorway just left of listening position. We set in a 2 seat loveseat 14 feet from front of center channel. I have LCR toed to my side as she could care less what anything sounds like.

I will ignore elevations and surrounds for now as they will get addressed later.

Left/Right Klipsch RP-280F with RP-140SA elevations
    Center RC-62ii
    Side Surrounds Klipsch RS-35
    Back Surrounds Klipsch RS-25
    Subs 2 x PSA V1800
    AVR - Denon X7200WA

Monolith 9X (200x3 and 6x100) arriving this week.

I have looked at too many speakers and have been slowly narrowing down my choices. I was almost there when someone mentioned Ascend Acoustics. I had never heard of them, but then I don't know a lot of speaker vendors. The Sierra Towers and Horizon Center look great, but I have some concerns/questions. I fell in love with the ribbon sound in Monitor Audio Gold 300s I heard and felt the silky smoothness and details were great.

Due to my set up the center is in an AV cabinet and that opening is 27"x11 1/8". The Horizon will squeak in, but not leave me any room to point the speaker up to my ear level so I will be at least 20-30 degrees higher than the tweeter. I could go with a DUO LCR, but not sure how that will impact the timbre and overall tonal match not to mention the step down in that may impact my home theater listening.

Next concern is the small drivers in the Sierra Towers. My current Klispch have 8 inch drivers and dig deep and low (although even for 2ch hi-rez listening I leave the sub engaged to the sharper, tighter deeper bass). No unusual for the SPL at my seating position to top 100db during some music. I read about the LX driver and wondering if I wait on a Sierra Tower with LX driver or something?

Even though I can try them for 30 days I want to try and get my decision right, hate the idea of sending anything like this back.

Any thoughts or advice?

Media Room.png

Front Stage.jpg