Thread: Sierra-2 L/R w/Sierra Horizon center?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Sierra-2 L/R w/Sierra Horizon center?

S2 is available as a center (with rotated RAAL). As Curtis said, it is a great center.

I did LCR S2's because I needed to fit the center inside a salamander cabinet. The center is horizontally oriented and behind a grilled door.

I'm very happy with it. The voicing is pretty seamless.

I run sierra-1 NrT’s with a RAAL horizon and it’s the front soundfield is seamless. Prefer the NrT’s because I can use the port plugs and have them recessed. I wanted the increased clarity and horizontal dispersion of the RAAL for dialogue in movies.

I started with the Sierra-2’s LCR and ended up upgrading the center to the Horizion. It’s probably overkill, but I am very pleased with the clarity for both movies and just simple TV watching.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycuz2k View Post
    I run sierra-1 NrT’s with a RAAL horizon and it’s the front soundfield is seamless. Prefer the NrT’s because I can use the port plugs and have them recessed. I wanted the increased clarity and horizontal dispersion of the RAAL for dialogue in movies.
    Regarding using port plugs in NrT's...I had Sierra-2s as surrounds in the back corners of my room before I changed to Luna's. The port plugs helped tame some of the extra bass from having them directly in a corner. Just wanted to mention this in case you wondered if the port plugs would also work with Sierra-2s.
    Nate