Thread: S-1 NrT's or S-2 ?!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Sierra-1 NrT's !!!

For rock i love the sierra 1 nrt. I could not imagine a better speaker. The speakers disappear. It sounds like the band is in my room.

Default Re: Sierra-1 NrT's !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crk140 View Post
    For rock i love the sierra 1 nrt. I could not imagine a better speaker. The speakers disappear. It sounds like the band is in my room.
    Crk140...Welcome to AA!

I'm not a rocker, but in "my room", the Sierra-1 NRT's certainly do disappear. Orchestral, jazz, R&B, BB, choirs and vocals (that are well recorded) Do disappear into what I hear as a "3D" wall of ambience and stage depth, with balanced and realistic "live" as-if-you're-there sound presentation that defies all "2-channel Stereo" logic!

In other words, What I See (electronics-speakers-small room) and What I Hear (live acoustical music in it's recorded venue) is kind of mind-blowing if you will. In my personal experiences, when you have Live acoustical (non-amplified) references of various musical performances, you become aware of minuscule auditory ques that lets you differentiate a "recording" from "live"! When an audio 2-channel set-up makes you -Believe You Are There-...well, many things in your listening environment are done right (recording-electronics-speakers-room acoustics, etc.).

In this case I agree, the Sierra-1 NRT's, Do It Right!

Ted
    Last edited by theophile; 08-21-2017 at 05:51 PM.
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!