Page 28 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

I think there's risk in adding a bunch of different variations to each speaker and also adding a lot of new models. That has the potential to increase costs and manufacturing and supply chain complexity.

It seems to me like Ascend is an extremely focused company with very few speaker models that get all of Dave's attention. I like the approach he's taken so far where new models are introduced years apart and only when they are significantly better or have a different function then an existing model.
    Last edited by yesplease; 05-13-2016 at 12:12 PM.

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Will the sats will have the same finish options as the towers/sierra 2s?

Quote Originally Posted by MusicHead View Post
    Dare to give us a possible shipping date/week or still too early?
    Unfortunately, still to early and I'm just not comfortable giving an estimated release date just yet as so much of this depends on our vendors and I hate putting pressure on them.

Good news is that I am 95% confident that the final version of the crossover is now complete. Had another long listening session last night and once again, found myself totally smitten with these little guys.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chucka View Post
    I too would be interested in a smaller tower that was UNDER 40" tall and of a smaller foot print for use in a small condo with this sound quality and dispersion (room will be wider than it is deep). I am also looking forward to a new center speaker using these same components to complete the package.
    You should consider the CMT-340SE...best bang for the buck in Ascend's line-up. It doesn't have the components of the Tower, but it a great speaker in it's own right, and it is just about the form factor your are looking for.
    Last edited by curtis; 05-14-2016 at 08:09 AM.
    -curtis

Very nice. Looks like the makings of a high-end compact 2.1 rig when paired with an F12/L12.

Quote Originally Posted by BradJudy View Post
    Very nice. Looks like the makings of a high-end compact 2.1 rig when paired with an F12/L12.
    Wow!! A BradJudy siting!!!
    Good to see you Brad!
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by BradJudy View Post
    +1, I already have the L12, just need the little Sierras and I might be set for life (yeah, right...)

Quote Originally Posted by yesplease View Post
    Will the sats will have the same finish options as the towers/sierra 2s?
    Sat's will have the exact same finish options as the towers and horizons
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by cranster View Post
    The last dilemma is how do I either ceiling or wall mount the sats and be able to aim them at the listening position? I don't know if ceiling or wall would produce a superior atmos sound. I know that numerous in ceiling atmos speakers have aimable tweeters and woofers. Is there a 3rd party solution that has an aimable mount or Dave will you have that solution for the sats?

One more idea is to make the Sierra towers with an up firing speaker in the top like Klipsch's new atmos system. I heard that this last weekend and was really impressed but know that won't hold a candle to my Ascend atmos system. I am blown away by your speakers Dave.
    The Sat's will be fully compatible with a variety of different ceiling and wall mounts, as well a flush mount option. Mounting on the wall or ceiling will be simple.

Also, thanks for the nice comments
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
    The Sierra Sat’s 6” height and depth dimensions are very appealing as a center speaker for my situation.

Are there any developments that can be disclosed about the Sat Center? (Will its configuration be wtw like the CMT 340SE Center or tw like the Sierra 1 and 2 Centers?)
    It would likely be MTM like the 340 to keep it as slim as possible...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com