Thread: TV on top of horizon?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: TV on top of horizon?

Quote Originally Posted by Brono View Post
    What is the maximum weight you would put on top of the Horizon?
    This isn't something that we have actually calculated, but the Horizon cabinet is extremely well built and heavily braced. When they are palatalized for shipping, there are typically 4-5 layers of stacked cabinets. For the cabinets on the bottom, that is about 150 pounds on each. It would be important that the weight be dispersed.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Resurrecting this thread: Just bought the Horizon titan because this thread convinced me I could place my OLED on top of it. Thanks everyone. With that being said, will be looking to wall mount the LG.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    HT Set-up: Anthem MRX-740, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower V2, Luna Duo V2 Center, Luna surrounds, Revel M55XC Heights, Rythmik F12
    Desktop/Gaming Set-up: Pioneer MRX-740 8K, Sierra LX LR, Ascend Luna V2 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 12 heights; Rythmik F12

So, second thoughts on this. Anyone know of a good TV riser that would fit the Horizon. Wall mounting is not an option atm.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    HT Set-up: Anthem MRX-740, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower V2, Luna Duo V2 Center, Luna surrounds, Revel M55XC Heights, Rythmik F12
    Desktop/Gaming Set-up: Pioneer MRX-740 8K, Sierra LX LR, Ascend Luna V2 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 12 heights; Rythmik F12

Syracuse TV risers.
    https://syracusetvrisers.com/

They aren't inexpensive but very well made. He'll even custom-make one, if needed. I had one made when I was using an S2 as a center. Unfortunately, not big enough for the Horizon -- I should have had it made for the Horizon at the time as I figured I'd upgrade one day.

That said, when I got my Horizon, I did make a riser myself.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD