Quinn....in TG's defense, he's helped me many times via PMs over at AVS. He's really a nice guy. I think he does get a little "involved" when things are posted that he knows to be wrong. He's very knowledgeable about pro amps since he used to be in that business for quite a few years. He's also done considerable testing on his own. He can be very opinionated and he makes no bones about his preferences. I don't always agree with him, either.

But, you guys are right that it's a "my amp is bigger/better than your amp" type of forum sometimes. You have to sift through all that stuff. If you're patient enough to do that, then you can find some very good info there. That said, I got caught in a couple of those "cross fires" over there and it did get ugly. [B)]

I would certainly use AVS forums as a tool for information about gear over the advice of your local B&M store sales people.

Matter of fact, once you are there for a while, you can seperate who the knowledgeable people are from the posers, there's some valuable information to be had. There's even posters there who work for the manufacturers. There are owners of high quality dealerships who post there and it's even a good sight for tech support that many times exceed what you can get for the customer support people that work for the manufacturers.

Sony WE610 60" LCD RPTV
Pioneer Elite 59TXi AVR
Pioneer Elite 59AVi Universal DVD player
CBM 340 Front L/R
CBM 340c Center
CBM 170s for L/R Surround
1-HTM 200 Rear Surround (6.1)
HSU VTF-3
Monster THX certified interconnects
DIY speaker cable (that's better than anyhing I can purchase elsewhere)