Thread: Sierra-1 with TP-24 stands

Default Sierra-1 with TP-24 stands

I just realized you can use the TP-24 stands with the Sierra-1s, and you can hook them to the stand, which is very nice. BUT are 24 inch stands really ideal for the Sierra-1s or is that too short?

Default Re: Sierra-1 with TP-24 stands

Quote Originally Posted by parimento1 View Post
    I just realized you can use the TP-24 stands with the Sierra-1s, and you can hook them to the stand, which is very nice. BUT are 24 inch stands really ideal for the Sierra-1s or is that too short?
    It depends on the height of your ears when listening. Ideally, the acoustic center of the speaker should be at ear height. With Sierra-1's, that is the point between the tweeter and woofer.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    It depends on the height of your ears when listening. Ideally, the acoustic center of the speaker should be at ear height. With Sierra-1's, that is the point between the tweeter and woofer.
    Well, ear height seated on my couch is about 40 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by parimento1 View Post
    Well, ear height seated on my couch is about 40 inches.
    I'm guessing you are within the listening window.

How far do you sit from the speakers?
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Ears at the acoustic center or tweeter level? Personally, in order to get the pin-point imaging in the stereo system, I need to have my ears at the tweeter level. If I move them closer, to the point between tweeter and woofer, the location of voices and instruments gets a little bit blurred.

Imaging itself is greatly affected by speaker separation, toe-in and room acoustics. This is why it is important to experiment a little bit. For some, the ears closer to the tweeter and woofer might yield better results.