Quote Originally Posted by Alleric View Post
Anyway, is it possible to talk you into test driving this setup, Curtis? Just as a test? No biggie if not, I am just very interested in the evaluation of other like-minded-audio-nut-type-peoples.
Well, I can't really replicate your setup.

I have run my Sierra-1's fullrange, but without a sub...and they do sound excellent. I use Q plug B to take some bass reinforcement my room has, they also help integrate with the sub better in my room. I have also tried them small with the sub crossed at 40hz, 60hz, 80hz...I can not hear any discernible difference between the three, so I keep it at 80hz. In the past, with my Hsu sub, there was a difference in quality between 60hz and 80hz...at 80hz there was bit more overhang detectable, so I back down to 60hz.....no such need with the Rythmik.

BTW....I am using a Sherwood Newcastle R-972 receiver (with external amplification) that has the Trinnov EQ and speaker placement correction system. It has set my surrounds, HTM-200SE's, crossover to 150hz. I was a bit worried by this, but it is working beautifully with no localization...but I do seem to get more "punch" in movies, but I have no way of comparing.

I can't place my sub nearfield. Currently it is to the right of the right main, about 10' from the listening position.

Knowing that, what would you like me to try?