Page 27 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Default Re: Ascend Owners Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by logicology View Post
    I know, Curtis. Let me just say, I'm lucky enough to have such an awesome wife to let me have these speakers. I need to let her have some say in where they sit.

Maybe over the next 6 months I'll inch everything up a tiny bit each week.
    Yeah, I noticed what curtis pointed out earlier, too. However, you strike me as someone who would be aware of optimal positioning. I figured the placement was due to WAF or to keep the cabinet away from itty-bitty curious fingers.

This hobby of ours, nay, obsession must be handled delicately regarding spouse approval. It really comes down to compromise and open-mindedness. I agree that your wife is very cool to afford you the liberty of these purchases.

There are not too many other options for your center placement, other than mounting above the TV, moving to inside the cabinet (which opens another can of worms), or simply pulling it forward to the edge. Honestly, it's probably best where it is (vertically speaking) considering the tweeters are approximately the same height.

Out of curiosity, does your wife prefer the gloss finish on the Sierra-1 center or the satin finish on the Towers?
    -Jacob

You got that right!!

I think she prefers the satin finish. And she likes the darker color instead of our natural Sierra-1s much better.

Got my Tower system today, these are simply beautiful to look at and listen.

Also wanted to thank David, and Dina for their patience and awesome rapid customer service.

DJoel

You guys have some very nice setups. It would great if y'all could specify which cabinet color/finish the speakers have. I can't make up my mind on dark cherry or expresso. Will the sierra-1 ever be offered in satin?

Thanks, mine happens to be dark cherry, and it's simply gorgeous. If I ever own a property I want bamboo floors in some dark wood color.

Djoel

They do look lovely, I wish ascend offered the sierra-1s in a satin finish. And same here, I'd love to have dark wood floors whenever I have my own property... or just nice wood floors period

I use my Sierra 1 nrt's in my office for my 2 channel system. One of these days i may replace my Paradigm Studio 60 towers in the front of my surround system with Ascend towers but for now i get to enjoy the Sierra's all the time i spend on the computer. I had the stands custom built by Gwiz Products for a very reasonable price.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by astrodog View Post
    I wish ascend offered the sierra-1s in a satin finish.
    We have done this for many customers already This is considered a custom finish and there is a minor charge for it. Send me an email if you are interested.

Thanks!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hi Guys,

Does any one has a high resolution shot of the Horizon. I need one to show my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Fowl View Post
    Hi Guys,

Does any one has a high resolution shot of the Horizon. I need one to show my wife.
    This is the best shot I have stored....it's espresso satin....

005[1] (640x480).jpg

I know yours will have the RAAL...when do you expect the arrival of your new speakers...