Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Default Re: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Quote Originally Posted by Blutarsky View Post
    I was thinking of this floor standing TV stand. I don't know if it would raise the monitor high enough for the Ascend Horizon though.

http://www.bdiusa.com/theater/arena_9970.shtml
    Yeah, that is exactly what I was worried about. It it hard to tell how much space there would be if a XX" TV was raised to max height.

Thumbs up Re: Sierra Horizon (Sierra Tower Center)

Quote Originally Posted by vespid View Post
    I like it - very nice. And the center would fit in the middle if you removed the shelf. Thanks.
    The BDI Cirrus is on Amazon, and other online dealers. BDI has a retail dealer locater on their web site. Make sure it is actually in stock wherever you order it.

I like it - very nice. And the center would fit in the middle if you removed the shelf. Thanks.
    I am Using a Sierra Center in the BDI Cabinet. I bought this to absorb vibrations, and tilt the speaker up. Also the Q plug type A

http://www.auralex.com/sound_isolati...tion_mopad.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Blutarsky View Post
    I am Using a Sierra Center in the BDI Cabinet. I bought this to absorb vibrations, and tilt the speaker up. Also the Q plug type A

http://www.auralex.com/sound_isolati...tion_mopad.asp
    Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. How do you like the Cirrus?

ps - sorry for derailing the thread

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. How do you like the Cirrus?

ps - sorry for derailing the thread
    The Cirrus is nice. It is easy to find nicely made furniture that is touted to be an entertaiment cabinet. Much harder to find nice looking cabinets with wire management, removable backs, and ventilation.

All threads start to exhibit Brownian Motion eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by petmotel View Post
    Some stands mount the flat screen on an adjustable riser, so you can leave as much or little room between the top shelf and bottom of screen as you want. The stand below mounts the screen in such a manner.

http://www.racksandstands.com/Avista...s-ZQT1008.html

Jay

Hey jay

I have something similar, but from Salamander, I've owned two huge centers back to back, this stand/mount has save me from scrapping my plans, I believe BDI makes on close to this one and cheaper.

Furnitech makes others:

http://www.furnitech.com/contemporary.html

The advantage of BDI and Furnitech is that they are assembled. Salamander has hundreds of parts.

The Horizon has recently piqued my interest. And that excellent horizontal dispersion Dave is talking about is certainly a huge asset.

My question is: How's the Horizon's vertical dispersion?

Just to have a feel of mains lying on their side, I lay my 340 mains on their side and listened. I did not like the result. The soundtage height shrank and the center became fuzzy and indistinct. I know I should not have done it because the 340 mains were not designed to be laid on their side.

I'm just wondering if the Horizon might suffer from any vertical dispersion problems. Those who heard it please comment on the soundstage height.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    The Horizon has recently piqued my interest. And that excellent horizontal dispersion Dave is talking about is certainly a huge asset.

My question is: How's the Horizon's vertical dispersion?

Just to have a feel of mains lying on their side, I lay my 340 mains on their side and listened. I did not like the result. The soundtage height shrank and the center became fuzzy and indistinct. I know I should not have done it because the 340 mains were not designed to be laid on their side.

I'm just wondering if the Horizon might suffer from any vertical dispersion problems. Those who heard it please comment on the soundstage height.
    The 340 in the vertical position has a wide horizontal response, so this translates to a wide vertical response when on its side. Your soundstage shrink in height is something I would not expect.

The Horizon is a different animal since it is a WmtW. Dave has shown us measurements when in the horizontal position, its response is very wide. In vertical, it should be wide as well, but maybe not quite as wide.
    Last edited by curtis; 03-21-2012 at 02:14 PM.
    -curtis

I'd be intrested in the custom horizon if others follow making it worthwhile...I am open to either the RAAL or NrT so long as the profile remains <8.5"...the width in my situation is not a problem.

I'll wait untill the end of this month to see any feedback...otherwise I'll be ordering the standard horizon and will reside to the fact I must raise my display....

Regards...Bill