Well....speaker crisis over. I talked myself out of it. The thought of totally rearranging my HT, and not being real certain what the results would be (or sound like), I just ordered two CBM 340s for L/R to go with my 340c. I'll move the current 170s to surround duty and keep one HTM 200 as a rear surround. The other (soon to be previous) HTM 200 surrounds will take up duty hooked to my stereo in my office. I was a bit worried about putting the 340s into my bookshelf horizontally, but in speaking to James and an e-mail from David, I decided I could get the best of both worlds by going to the "big sound" of the 340s without giving up the great soundstage (as well as accuracy) by sticking to what I know and love....Ascend.

It was going to take some "major surgery" to "fit" the Klipsch into my set-up. I've done and re-done my HT so many times to know that once you start doing a major overhaul, the results can just as easily be a major disappointment as easily as it can be successful.

Hmmmmmm????? Now I wonder what Dr. Hsu has cooking over the next couple of months???????? BWAHHAAAHHAAHHHAAHHH!!!!!!

Thanks to all of you for your replies. You guys really helped.

I'll let you know how things turn out.

Sony WE610 60" LCD RPTV
Pioneer Elite 59TXi AVR
Pioneer Elite 59AVi Universal DVD player
CBM 170 Front L/R
CBM 340c Center
HTM 200s Rear L/R and rear surround (6.1)
HSU VTF-3
Monster THX certified interconnects
DIY speaker cable (that's better than anyhing I can purchase elsewhere)