Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sierra-1 NrT

Default Re: Sierra-1 NrT

Quote Originally Posted by Hlam View Post
    Hi.
    Ascend Sierra-1 NrT. Does this speaker exist?
    I don't see it anywhere on the store site. I see the Sierra-1 with it's price list, but see no reference to the Sierra-1 NrT or it's price.
    Quote Originally Posted by audiophilehi View Post
    I don't see the Sierra-1 NrT for sale on the web site. Is it available yet? Are the specs the same as the Sierra-1?

Thanks
    Hi Guys!

Factory assembled Sierra-1 NrT are in production and shipping. However, our supply of NrT parts is extremely limited right now due to fulfilling about twice as many pre-orders for the kits than we originally anticipated. The NrT will not be listed on the site until the next supply of parts arrives in about 6-8 weeks. I believe we can fulfill about ten more orders at this point and then we will be fully out-of-stock.

Please send me an email or give us a call if you would to order factory assembled Sierra-1 NrT.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I have a question related to the NrT Sierras - and I've searched but I couldn't find an answer, however I may have missed it.

Is the voicing maintained with non-upgraded Sierras? I ask because I plan on purchasing a pair of the Sierras and a Sierra center. When they are available later in the year I plan on adding a pair of the towers for my fronts. What I'm concerned about is that although the difference is slight (based on the charts Dave posted) is it detectable enough to warrant upgrading all 3 Sierras or none of them - as opposed to only upgrading the matched pair.

I guess a further question (and one that pretty much only Dave can answer at this time) is will the sound be more 'cohesive' with 5 identically configured Sierras - either all NrT or none-NrT - than with 2 Towers, 2 NrT Sierras and a non-NrT Center.

Hopefully that makes sense. Thanks for the input.

Based on having upgraded my Sierra-1s to the NrTs, I'd recommend going with either all standard Sierra-1s or all NrTs. The difference is more noticeable than one might think. While the voicing would be similar, the NrTs have a fleshier, more upfront midrange and airier highs with more "snap". I'd think it would be quite noticeable during front pans across the L/C/R.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    Based on having upgraded my Sierra-1s to the NrTs, I'd recommend going with either all standard Sierra-1s or all NrTs. The difference is more noticeable than one might think. While the voicing would be similar, the NrTs have a fleshier, more upfront midrange and airier highs with more "snap". I'd think it would be quite noticeable during front pans across the L/C/R.
    I concur Having sierras or sierra-Nrt's for surrounds will likely be just fine but mix and matching across the front soundstage might be too noticeable. You want the same tweeter across the front 3 speakers and if you add the towers, having a sierra-nrt center will be a great match.