Thread: sierra-1 center with 340 se mains

Default sierra-1 center with 340 se mains

I currently have a sierra 1 center with two htm 200's as my main l/r set up and am going to upgrade the 200's. I am wondering how the center would work with 340 se's as the mains vs the sierra's? I watch 75% movies to 25% music just curious if the set up would sound good or would there be too much of a difference? not sure if it matters but i have a vtf-1 sub as well and the 200's will go to surround duties when i buy the other mains.

Default Re: sierra-1 center with 340 se mains

Is not going with Sierras for mains a cost issue?
    -curtis

its partly a cost issue and think my wife would prefer the tower look. but could wait to get the sierras if there is a very noticeable difference.

I think if you ask around, it's best to have matching speakers as L/C/R. It sounds the best, and the term used is "seamless transition" across the front. And when it comes to music, you can't go wrong with the Sierra's in stereo. They even go low enough to fore go a sub purchase up front, so you can save for that in the future.

With the TP-24 stands you would have a shorter tower look. Take a look through owner's posted photos Sierra's in black with the stands look great. I would also be worried about a nagging feeling down the road about not going with the Sierra's. Upgradeitis may ensue. Also if Dave comes out with a Sierra upgrade you would have the platform for that.

Quote Originally Posted by chicubs View Post
    With the TP-24 stands you would have a shorter tower look. Take a look through owner's posted photos Sierra's in black with the stands look great. I would also be worried about a nagging feeling down the road about not going with the Sierra's. Upgradeitis may ensue. Also if Dave comes out with a Sierra upgrade you would have the platform for that.
    I have never tried the Sierra center with my 340SE's but have done the 340SE Center with my Sierra mains and never was happy with it. Upgradeitis did follow and my 340SE's are now my back speakers! Ohhh, but so worth it!

The picture attached shows the Sierras on the TP24 stands.

Michael
    Attached Images Attached Images