Thread: Opinions on Omnimounts for HTM200's

Default Opinions on Omnimounts for HTM200's

I have moved my HTM200's to above a nearly 7' tall cabinet. Have been tipping the speaker downwards into the listening area but wasn't very stable so have to find a better way to mount it. I was thinking of wallmounting with Omnimount 20's or something similar. There are alot of negative posts about the plastic balls and complaints that they come loose on different web sites. Some posters mention that the trick is not to manually tighten but get a friend to hold speaker and use a plier to tighten up at the end. Anyone with decent experience with the Omnimounts or any similar products with opinion and suggestion on this one? I've seen some other comment threads here recommending Omnimounts but didn't find one talking about whether they come loose.

Default Re: Opinions on Omnimounts for HTM200's

Mine have not come loose in many years of service, but I didn't like how they hung down so I put a small piece of wood between the back of the speaker and the wall to keep them up. I just wedged it in, no screws or adhesive needed.

Peace,

Jim

Buddhadas, Is the wood you placed reducing the torque the ball head is seeing? Sounds that way from your description.

Anyone have experience with using the Omnimounts without other bracing?

Yes.
    In many of the pics I have seen here the surrounds are pointing down, I wanted them pointing over me not at me. The wood takes the weight off the ball and keeps the speaker level, which is what I wanted. When I get a chance, I will post a pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
    I have moved my HTM200's to above a nearly 7' tall cabinet. Have been tipping the speaker downwards into the listening area but wasn't very stable so have to find a better way to mount it. I was thinking of wallmounting with Omnimount 20's or something similar. There are alot of negative posts about the plastic balls and complaints that they come loose on different web sites. Some posters mention that the trick is not to manually tighten but get a friend to hold speaker and use a plier to tighten up at the end. Anyone with decent experience with the Omnimounts or any similar products with opinion and suggestion on this one? I've seen some other comment threads here recommending Omnimounts but didn't find one talking about whether they come loose.
    To be honest, we sell thousands of these brackets. The reject rate / complaint rate on these is absurdly low -- maybe 2-3 customers have an issue each year. Those that have had an issue have been taken care of promptly by Ominmount themselves (by sending them a new part etc.)

Big thumbs up for Omnimount, for both their product and support - probably the only re-sale accessory products we offer that we have not had issues with over the years.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I mounted a pair if 170SE speakers horizontal with the omnimount 20's and they are holding great .

Mark
    Bunch of speakers

Quote Originally Posted by qwknuf6 View Post
    I mounted a pair if 170SE speakers horizontal with the omnimount 20's and they are holding great .

Mark
    me too. Just have to crank the screw down and then they are fine.