I have to agree with DougMac on this. What you heard with the SVS sub may have mostly been due to the room acoustics. Room interactions are a huge factor with low frequencies. As DougMac points out, systems like Audyssey are supposed to be helpful with room modes, but this is a last resort to what’s most important…sub placement and room treatments. Here’s a pretty technical article on the subject that will make your head spin…

http://www.audioholics.com/tweaks/ge...or-bass-part-1

I have a SVS PB10 and Ascend 170’s. I know that on paper the frequency response should be ruler flat from 20hz to 20khz with this combo but I have to tell you that when I run a frequency sweep there is a big frequency dip in the middle of my sub’s response. I know that the response issue is room interaction because it changes based on placement, also I can hear the response vary as I move to different parts of the room.

Both SVS and Rythmik subs are high quality but I were choosing between the two I’d probably lean towards Rythmik (though my SVS is nice) because the direct servo technology in Rythmik subs is supposed to keep the bass as controlled and high resolution as possible. When it comes down to it I never make full use of the output of my SVS and I’d rather that the bass I am using be as clean as possible.