Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time for a decent sub

Default subwoofer for the Ascends

I have just sold an SVS PB-10 sub to buy an ACI Titan XL sub.... the difference is amazing, specially if you like musical subwoofers.....

Quote Originally Posted by federicobart
    I have just sold an SVS PB-10 sub to buy an ACI Titan XL sub.... the difference is amazing, specially if you like musical subwoofers.....
    Amazing what triple the cost will get ya. The Titan is outta my price range but I'd love to hear it. It would be interesting to hear it compared to the new SVS sealed sub.

David

I spoke to the folks at Hsu today. The waiting list for a B-stock sub is long (over 30 names). He said that Hsu will be offering a holiday special. Nothing finalized but possibly 10% off on their VTF's and STF's. I needed a reason to procrastinate a bit longer and now I have it. Thanks, Hsu.

David

That's the least we should be doing for kind and gracious consumers such as yourself, David! We don't have the holiday special prices fixed yet (and I can't promise a very big discount, maybe free shipping or a small discount), but hopefully we'll come up with something over the next month, and we can reflect this on our refreshed website.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,
    Peter Marcks
    Hsu Research

I'm in the same boat as you David. I talked to HSU awhile back and they suggested the VTF-3 MK 2. I was hoping they would have suggested a cheaper priced sub, but with my room size I guess I need a bigger sub than I thought. Maybe I'll consider them again with that holiday special pricing around the corner.

Not really sure what the differences are but for what its worth i have an Hsu stf-3 and i love it. So far its been the high point of my system that ive been attempting to upgrade and match the rest of my equipment to. It really sounds like its overpowered and i have it nearly as low as possible.