Quote Originally Posted by craigsub
The equipment and testing methodology was identical to those used in the test between the 170's and ELT-Cse's two months earlier. It is ironic, the methodology was fine for the 170's, but not the 340's. This methodology, including the fact that all speakers were being run full range, was posted PUBLICALLY in the pre-review discussion on Home Theater Spot.
One big difference, it that test, both sets of speakers were configured the same way. So if there was a flaw in hook-up, both sets of speakers were subject to it. The test with the 340, the speaker set-ups were configured differently.

To call the review method flawed or unfair would also be to say that the Ascend 340's cannot handle a full range signal at the 70 to 80 dB levels we typically listen to.

Somehow, I don't think the 340's have that problem.
I do not think they have that problem either, but I would say the test was flawed because the speakers were not setup optimally.

I will say that the test did raise my curiosity about the other speakers, and I did finally get to hear them side by side the CMT-340m's.