This is my first HT system, so any help would be appreciated. I have decided to go with the CBM 170's for front and surround and the CMT 340 center. In addition, I will be placing a pair of CBM 170's in built in bookshelves in our LR (adjacent to our den) and a pair of Niles OS 25's out on my deck (also adjacent to our den). For a sub, I will make use of an existing Klipsch KSW-12 (for the time being).

As I've never had a HT system, I'm going to guess that we will use the receiver 50% for music and 50% for TV/Movies. The Den is approximately 9'x12' with a sloped ceiling from 7' to 10' high.

In terms of sources, I plan to get the Denon 2910 universal disc player and I have a Scientific Atlanta HD DVR cable box.

I would be curious to for any feedback from people who have listened to the above ascend speakers with any of the following receivers:

HK 435
Sony DA3000ES
Denon 2805

Both the HK and Denon have the room EQ function, where the Sony does not. The Sony is a digital amp, so the power rating may not be apples to apples with the others. All run about ~$600, which is about the price range that I am considering. All have the multi-zone capability, which I intend to use for the LR and Deck speakers. None of the recievers have HDMI connections, but I don't know of many recievers that do for this price.

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks - Johnny