Quote Originally Posted by tw1zt3d
i was always told that the tweeters of your mains and center should be as inline as possible and "up"
But, unless you have one of those perforated projections screens as mentioned earlier (which I've never known of before), for most people the line b/w the LR main tweeters will be right around the middle of a TV's screen. I was just looking for the best compromise b/w sound/aesthetics & was hoping placing the 340c in-cabinet would work (as opposed to on top of the cabinet). Also, I didn't wanna raise my plasma too high, so in-cabinet would allow me to mount the TV closer to an optimum height. With 340c in-cabinet with some type of backing to hide wires and pushed as close to the front as possible & angled up to listening are, while still maintaining the 18" above floor recommendation from Ascend, can I still get good results?

I guess what you think are simple threads always open up a whole can of worms...but always worms that I didn't but should now consider in my plans. I was placing more emphasis on aesthetics over acoustics.