Okee-Doke, if people will be generous enough to forgive my ignorance, I have some questions regarding these two speakers, and speaker design in general. I'm also hoping that it will help others who have similar question but are lurking and too afraid to ask.

Rergarding the spectral decays, are they graphs of how long the speaker takes to stop producing output at the various frequencies indicated by the x-axis? This would be the overshoot (or ringing) on material that abruptly stops just before z=0.00 right? This is a graph depicting how well the response is damped, correct? Would an ideal speaker have Y-axis values of say -80dB (if you were listening at 80dB) for all points? I guess where my confusion rests is the difference in where the Y-axis begins on the graphs. For example, many of the little peaks between 1kHz and 4kHz from 1.92 to 3.83 msec for the CBM-170 would not be shown (or be reduced by 6dB pictorally) if you negate graphing "noise" below -42dB as the CMT-340 graph does and use the same window... or am I reading this wrong? (help!)

BTW:
I read the CMT-340 FR graph wrong regarding the slope of the response curve above 10kHz, forgot the jump to the line after 10kHz jumps another 10kHz.

I also have a question regarding distortion. Its definetly something you can hear such as when you crank a guitar amp up and jam, but how is it actually measured and defined? I often see it listed as a percentage at a frequency and SPL.