Quote Originally Posted by Hifihedgehog View Post
A question to @davef, as well as others here with experience with both. I am looking to delve into high-end speakers for the first time and have all the underpinnings in place. My listening comes from headphones and earphones with big models like the Sennheiser HD 800 and Elysian Annihilator. My listening preferences do cover all genres of music, as well as home theater and video games. That said, I enjoy detail, clarity, crispness, and so forth and lean that way preferentially despite my wide repertoire. I just ordered the LX but am having second thoughts if I might not prefer the 2EX V2. I understand the LX is more visceral with more bass heft and slightly more midrange emphasis but wonder if I might be wanting for detail. Would I prefer the 2EX V2?
As someone who owns both, no, I don't think you're missing out by getting the LX. In general, I think the LX is the better speaker. But that's in general—there are some things that the EXv2 does better, but it doesn't do them all that much better, and the LX does more things better. I would recommend the LX over the EXv2 for most things, but there are fairly narrow edge cases where I'd go the other way.

Your case does not sound like one of those edge cases. If you listen to a wide variety of music genres and are doing HT, I think the LX is the clear choice there.