Thread: Fun ELX Demo Today

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fun ELX Demo Today

We have had so many people here for demo's lately, but this one today was fun.

This customer wanted to compare ELX Titan Towers to his Focal Aria 948, which originally sold for a bit over $6K for the pair.

The Aria's aren't even considered large towers, but they completely dwarfed the ELX.

IMG_6702.jpg

Anyone comparing these two speakers would easily make the assumption that the Aria's have much deeper and punchier bass and sound "bigger".

Well, this was absolutely not the case... Song after song, the owner of the Aria's stated the ELX sounded bigger and had deeper and punchier bass, and I absolutely agreed. In fact, my eyes played tricks on me several times such that I had to go and actually confirm which speaker pair was playing.

I will say, other than a slight sensitivity advantage in favor of the Aria (about 3dB), the ELX Titans trounced them.

Lugging those Focal's around was not fun (80+ pounds) but the owner is now planning to sell them and buy ELX Titans.

I continue to stand by my statement, there is no speaker out there at any price that I would not be comfortable with putting our ELX up against in a proper A/B comparison.
    Last edited by davef; 05-30-2023 at 05:45 PM.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com