I was hoping to ask the community here for their advice on choosing an amp. The short version: I need a 5.1 amp that I could use with bookshelf-style speakers and a subwoofer. I'd like to keep it under $2k if possible and I think I found a few under $1500 that would be fine...but I'd rather hear what you all have to say about it.

The longer version: I currently have two CMB-170's and an NAD C 316BEE connected to my projector / CRT setup. I'm using the DAC in my Oppo UDP-203 for all digital sources. I LOVE this setup. It's the best I've ever owned and I'd like something that's comparable for my 5.1 setup that's in another room, connected to my OLED.

My current 5.1 setup are two ELAC DB62-BK's in the front, D5's for the rear, C5 for the center and a Debut 2.0 DS10.2 200 Watt subwofer. These are paired with a bottom-line Denon, which was absolutely fine when I lived in an apartment (I didn't even have a sub then), but now that I'm in a house...and especially after I heard my 2.0 setup..I need something more.

BUT

While this amp will at first be connected to the Elac's, I'll eventually be swapping everything around: The NAD will power the two DB-62's, I'll sell the rest of the Elac's and make the projector setup my main one. The eventual (a year from now?) setup will be four CMB-170's, a CMT-340c and a magnetically shielded subwoofer (is Ascend's budget sub shielded?). If I'm really, really lucky, I'll be able to have two Sierra-LX's for the front's, but I'm not sure if my budget will allow that.

So, what do all you awesome people suggest for a 5.1 amp that will work fine now, but also be something that would pair well next year with the Ascend Acoustic's? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.