Thread: New Sierra-2 impressions...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: New Sierra-2 impressions...

Hello everybody!

Last week I got the upgrades and my center s2! Very excited with them. I've only been able to do just one speaker, could not the other one since I received a wrong sized woofer gasket. Called Dina and immediately sent another one. Should be here soon. So far my customer service experience with Ascend has been very good, no complaints.

So, I took the chance to compare the one S2 to the one NrT. One next to the other, and listening near field the difference is remarkable. The NrT us more forward (not that I have a problem with that) while the RAAL is so smooth and detailed and more relax, no harshness what so ever. Putting my face less that a foot from the speakers I could tell very easily that the NrT's sound came from the dome tweeter, meaning I could localize the tweeter as the source, but with the RAAL, not at all. I mean it was like its coming from somewhere in the front of the speaker, but not from the tweeter. More like a floating sound source from somewhere in the area of the speaker.. Very weird and cool.

When the other gasket gets here, I should be able to comment more and a proper review!

EDIT:

Meanwhile here is a pic

IMG_3687-2.jpg
    Last edited by eliwankenobi; 02-03-2014 at 06:27 AM.
    CURRENT SETUP:
    JRiver MC and PS3 -> Onkyo TX-SR705 via HDMI -> Sierra-2 LCR & Energy Take Classic surrounds and sub
    =============================================