Hello
New to this forum but have been on other audio forums for a long time. I am in the process of replacing some of my audio components including the speakers. Was turned on to Ascend as it was recommended by a lot of other members in another forum. Decided after much research to get the Sierra 1 with out the nrt upgrade.. Well I found out just last night about the Sierra 2's.. I had planned on getting just the 1's with an upgrade to a sealed Rythmik sub. A 2.1 system in my small 11x14 room.
I am replacing a pair of modified Polk LSi-15's and Martin Logan Grotto sub. The sound is just to muddy and I feel big for the room. I want a much more clear and instrument separation speaker system. Hits to why I am going with smaller book shelf speakers. I do have a few wall treatments in my room but plan on a few things
My system consist of the following.
All Emotiva
XPA-2 Amp
ERC-1 CD
USP-1 pre
To my question.. Is it worth the upgrade to the Sierra 2's and not get the new sub right now? I am thinking the the Sierra 1's would be a great update over the Polk's alone and really need to get a sub in the 2.1 system.
Any thoughts? Thanks