Thread: downsizing from Seaton Submersive to Rythmik

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default downsizing from Seaton Submersive to Rythmik

Hi all,

i am moving cross-country from Seattle to Florida and downsizing our home and the theater room. I had a Seaton Submersive HP that I was pleased with but did not want to risk damaging it in the move and did not want a sub that large in my new small dedicated room in Florida, so I sold the SubM and I have decided on Rythmik for the replacement.

The new home is a villa townhouse style that has one shared wall (a pretty massive firewall separating me and my neighbor, two layers of concrete plus insulation in the middle). The HT room is on the opposite side of the house as that shared wall and is completely enclosed and only 1450c.f., carpet/pad over concrete slab with cinder block exterior wall construction and standard studs with drywall interior. The room has a total of 9 bass/acoustic traps from GIK. Usage is 90% movies and volume is typically not louder than -15db from reference. I plan to try the Rythmik nearfield directly behind or next to the couch so that further reduces the need for a high output sub and keeps the gain lower so bass is less likely to disturb neighbors.

Based on the usage of this small room, do you think an F12 will likely be sufficient? Or is there a compelling reason to spend more money and tolerate the larger size of an F15 or D15SE?

Thanks,
    Ross
    Last edited by SeattleDucks; 04-22-2013 at 01:41 PM.