Hello. Nice to meet you all.

The challenge -- Finding the right 5.1 speaker system for a small bedroom space (9 x 11) completely sealed off except for the entrance door. I also have a relatively small budget. I've decided on a sub, the HSU STFU-2, and I will be purchasing a new receiver soon, probably a Denon.

So I need advice on what combination of 5 Ascend speakers will be best for my space. My system will be used for everything, with time being split about evenly. 1/3 Movies and TV. 1/3 Gaming. 1/3 Music.

Here are my questions....

-- Would 5 HTM-200 SE be enough for a good overall experience in that small room? (Those would be perfect for wall mounting in this situation to save space)

-- How significant an upgrade would adding a pair of CBM-170 SE as front L/R be? (Maybe it's just male ego, but I feel the need to have something a little beefier up front that the HTM-200.)

-- Is there any reason NOT to upgrade the fronts to CBM-170 SE? I realize they are rear-ported, and my space is limited, but I could put them on stands about 6-8 inches from the wall behind them. Would that be enough room to not interfere with the port doing it's thing?

-- If I did upgrade my front L/R to CBM-170, would I need to also upgrade to the CMT-340 SE for center channel to have a good match? Would a HTM-200 center be overpowered by the CBM-170 L/R?

Obviously getting 5 HTM-200 SE would be the least expensive. But getting a pair of CBM-170 SE as my fronts would only be $70 more, and that seems like money well spent. Am I right about that? I'm just worried that I will then need to spend more money on the center channel too, for a proper match.

Any advice, suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. - I'm not cheap. I'm just poor. There's a difference.