Thread: A new believer out on the frontier.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A new believer out on the frontier.

I received the Sierras just last week and ordered the Sierra center yesterday. Wonderful sounding speakers! By far the best I ever owned.

Me? I'm retired out here in central Arkansas, 25 miles northwest of Little Rock (where I believe there are a couple other Ascend customers hiding out.) I was skeptical of using ID companies for my speakers but I found Ascend (Dave is terrific!) AND Aperion to be good folks. Still, the Aperions went back since I'm keeping the Sierras. Im into my first experience with a subwoofer, the Epic Vanquish, and I'm impressed how easily it blends in with the Sierras. The sub is not too important to me since I listen to mostly classical music. Still, there's that occasional organ pedal or monster kettle drum that needs reinforcement.

I moved here from the Washington/Baltimore corridor 4 years ago, just to get away from the huge population growth and traffic back there. I love it out here in the little town of Conway, with three colleges for plays and concerts and more bass-fishing lakes than I'll ever be able to fish. I haven't been back east since I moved and don't plan to go. Life is good!

Good to be here!

arkiedean
    Last edited by arkiedan; 10-03-2009 at 12:28 PM.